Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if it was worth it to invest in some steeda underdrive pulleys for the cobra...

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
yea 6-10 for UDP's give or take, 11-14 for water pump, give or take.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
I wouldn't say as high as 10 for the UDPs. I personally didn't see any difference with the UDPs but every car responds differently to mods. And Doc's Mach is an auto which as oddly as it sounds does respond differently than manuals to different mods.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
get a new belt, i used the gatorback, goodyear. it felt better but dont know if it workds, would a water pump help the cobra too, 1999?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
get a new belt, i used the gatorback, goodyear. it felt better but dont know if it workds, would a water pump help the cobra too, 1999?

Yep. The electric water pumps which don't draw anything off the motor will give you about 14-17rwhp for a $350. The stewart pump only draws 3hp from the motor and thats at 6k rpm, for $150. so do the math. 14-17 for $350 or 11-14 for $150.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I'm ordering a water pump right now. Thanks for the tip Doc. I also have Steeda UDP's and it wasn't a huge difference but it was a difference. For $150.00 it was well worth it. I would have spent that money at the bar anyhow, so it was a gain in my books.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
futuremach1racer, whered you get your steeda udps for 150? on american muscle theyre 190. im just tryin to find teh best deal

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
American Muscle is not always the cheapest. shop around, I suggest either RPM Outlet, or Lethal Performance, also there is Brother's Performance which has some good prices aswell.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
I've heard that RPM Outlet has bad customer service. I'd stay away from them unless I absolutely had to order from them.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Most of the time I will buy from AM even if they are a little more expensive then others due to there customer service. You will not find better customer service anywhere you go and those extra few bucks are worth that for me.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
6% discount at AM? This new to me I just spent a 1G there last week and I could've gotten a discout that's $60.00. WTF How do I get this discount for future purchases?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Most of the time I will buy from AM even if they are a little more expensive then others due to there customer service. You will not find better customer service anywhere you go and those extra few bucks are worth that for me.
I do agree my wheels are already here. They said 3 business days. I ordered them on Thursday and received them yesterday. lethal performance isn't bad though. I bought quite a bit of stuff from them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts