Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. I put BBK underdrive pulleys on my 2001 GT in May, and ever since I got the car back, it's had a real problem with a screeching noise. I'm not sure where exactly it comes from (A/C compressor, maybe?), but I know that it only does it when I have some sort of HVAC going. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
but i little bit of oil on it every time it makes the noise, than it will stop

·
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard dishwashing liquid works, but I'm not too sure about the validity of it... you mean like regular engine oil?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
diswashing liquid does work, but it will eventually dry out the belt....there are a few companys that make belt dressing. best to fix the problem. what are the conditions that make the squeak...ie wot, turning, ac on, using brakes rev help us out here... if i had to guess i would say you have a belt slipping on a pulley.

·
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would getting a shorter belt help at all? Where can I get belt dressing? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
no prob thats what we are here for, i know autozone has it from stp...red and blue can, says not to use on serp belts but thats because it too can eventually dry out the belt...what makes it squeak?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
How old is the belt? Also check the tensioner, and the belt tension.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
+1 ^^was getting to that, didnt want to rule anything out...i think he went to bed

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
:funnah He's a light weight. Can't pull all nighters.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
lol...im on here i swear to god 16 hours a day...i need a life...no wait, i have a stang and a girl that helps me do every modification to it...i have one

·
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure exactly where it comes from- I want to say it comes from the A/C compressor, just because it only does it when I have HVAC on. The belt, I would imagine, has been on the car since day one, and it has 72,XXX on it right now. And I have no clue how to check tension of the belt, what kind of deflection am I looking for? And the tensioner?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts