Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into putting some after market Underdrive Pullies on my pony but I'm not sure who makes the best product.... Suggestions GREATLY appreaciated

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Id but the money somewhere else honestly bro...And if you ever go supercharged you cant use em.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
z28 killa? get gears instead... you'll love them alot more. Ill sell ya some 373's

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm interesting. thanks!
i noticed in ur sig bandity2k00 that u have a Accufab plenum and TB, I was lookin at getting that as well. Is that Worth the money?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
TB and plenum is descent but gears are going to be the biggest gain. You may or may not notice all those lil bolt ons you speak of. You may tell yourself you feel faster but prolly not. Gears 1st. Get you some 410's and ull be happy with that decision. :D

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Yeah its good for 11.8 hp on the dyno it says, Reved quicker and sounded good, Best mods were gears and blower,close race between em. Get you some gears bro, dont be a z28 killer, be a vette killer like us :)

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
If i could go back id say the hell with all the bolt ons and get gears and blower and pocket the other money but it all adds up to get you to 400hp which is what im going to get, cams are going in soon :)

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
veryy nice.
haha im workin on it man, gotta start somewhere

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how would 4:10 gears affect my gas mileage?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
It doesnt ruin your gas like you think, a 1mpg, maybe 2 at most, think about it this way, takes less throttle to get to ur desired speed so less gas :p

but ya dude dont worry about it. Get you some gears, you will be grinning, 500 hp with shitty gears will get beat by a 350 hp geared car.

Reactions: Pittbull

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really?! I'm deff going to look into it! :)
thanks for the info i really appreaciate it

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One more question ha
I need a new clutch... SPEC? Ram..?
what's your guy's opinions?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Spec's are nice, but there TOB sucks. Which tranny you have? Early 01 has T45 and late 01 has 3650. If you have a T45 you could get a King Cobra. I have the 3650 with a Fidanza aluminum flywheel and Fidanza 2.1 clutch. Works fine for me. Most will probably say Centerforce though.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
go with steeda or SLP's for UPD's they are not piggybacks and are the best performing I also think March has a set as well, but id go with the 4.10's still dont have gears but I really want some. As for the Accufab plenum and TB I thought it was worth and I felt the performance it wasn't extreme but it was noticeable but don't get the 75-mm t.b. get the 70-mm unless you're planning to go FI. But id do gears first gears first still regret not getting them.

Hey Baker how much would you sell me the 3.73's for? are they in good condition, how long did you have them on the stang, and what brand really interested thanks

1 - 20 of 38 Posts