Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 mustang 5.0 with some racing underdrive pulleys and my buddy tells me thats why my amp gauge at idle is very low but when ac or heater on it goes lower could it be the very small crank pulley? would putting the original help me out

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yes or u could use a smaller alt pulley. Or bigger crank either will work. I think I have a stock alt pulley laying around, if u want

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have a 89 mustang 5.0 with some racing underdrive pulleys and my buddy tells me thats why my amp gauge at idle is very low but when ac or heater on it goes lower could it be the very small crank pulley? would putting the original help me out
I have the March Performance Power and AMP UD pulley kit and I've never experienced that problem even with the stock alternator.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Faststang91lx says the same thing, that march pulleys dont have the charging issues

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
glad to hear this :) i just ordered March Performance UnderDrive pullies a week ago im still waiting on them i only payed 60.00 for em on ebay brand new

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
OP mine does the same thing. I attribute it to the pullies but it never really bothered me much. My car doesnt hang out at idle very much if you know what I mean:naughty:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts