Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
aluminum is lighter, ud pullies are there to reduce engine load, you would want the aluminum ones imo

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
do both, get the ud pullies and then save for some nice cams.

Why not get the cams first ? There is no comparison between ud's and cams. A good set of cams will far out gains pulleys.

Look at my sig. I have factory pulleys.

·
Registered
748 Posts
oh i know cams will out perform ud pullies. but hell get cams and pullies. make the most of the power that thecams will give.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I guess my point is that if money or budget is a concern just skip ud's and get cams.

·
Registered
748 Posts
true. i figure one can get cams for 600 (if we are talking 2v modular...havent looked into cost of cams for anything else). then 200 at max for the ud pullies. true, budget may be a concern though.

what are you running for a cam---who/stage? if i may ask.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
If you shop wisely you can get a nice set of cams for about $300.

I have the full PI swap with VT stage 2 n/a cams. Here is a video clip of mine.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
If you shop wisely you can get a nice set of cams for about $300.

I have the full PI swap with VT stage 2 n/a cams. Here is a video clip of mine.
Does your car ever stall? On a scale from 1-10, how streetable would you say your car is. When I say that, Im referring to daily driver duties.

Do you have 1/4 mile times?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Does your car ever stall? On a scale from 1-10, how streetable would you say your car is. When I say that, Im referring to daily driver duties.

Do you have 1/4 mile times?

It tried to stall at first. But we had to work the tune out,thats crucial for these. It still tries every now and then. They breathe hard and really excel around the 5500rpm range.

They are very streetable,but they make power up high. You really need 4.10s with them to run em right. Overall Id give em an 9. If noise is no concern to you then they would rank higher. But the tune needs to be spot on.

No ET's right now. But I can outrun a LSI Vette in a drivers race.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yea, just get the cams, cause on a mod motor thats a cake install, LOL.........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts