Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 88GT Vert, and there's a lot that I want to do with it....I've got 3.73 gears, short shifter, dynomax exhaust, and shorty headers. I'm about to order(I'm still in Iraq) either a MAC or BBK fenderwell CAI. It's gonna be a few before I install a new intake manifold, and I've seen a few polished stock ones....what's a good way to get it blingin'?(i.e. what grade sandpaper, what to use with a dremmel tool) I want it to look good 'till I replace the damn thing.....thanks

·
My Stallion is Bigger!
3,009 Posts
neverdull and a buffing wheel. Be prepared to spend HOURS getting the shine to stick in the metal. I said the hell with that and painted my upper intake IMO it looks just as good. Most people that have the shiny uppers have had them chrome dipped or bought them with a polished finish from an aftermarket manufacturer.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i dont remember what its called but the polish looks like a big green crayon you get it at home depot for about $4 in the tool section and use it with a polishing wheel on your bench grinder this is the fast way i did my alternater. you can also do all your accesory brackets and your tensioner

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips......I have about a month before i get back from Iraq, and I plan on skating from work a lot.....spending time working on the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts