Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I have ordered several items in the past from AM and have been pleased but tonight I tried ordering 4,10 gear kit and didn't have my forum 6% off code handy. The rep wouldn't supply the code or even give me $10 off which would have been less than the 6% discount. Maybe its time I look elsewhere. It has always been easy to buy from them. Maybe I got a dud rep.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I guess the rep can't prove you're actually a part of the forum so that's probably why he couldn't help you in that part. PM one of the reps on here and they'll send you the code. I've never had any problems with AM and they usually always have great customer service.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
the online reps can't give out codes other than the ones posted publicly on AM. a phone rep would be able to help you though as long as you meet their criteria

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
First off I have ordered several items in the past from AM and have been pleased but tonight I tried ordering 4,10 gear kit and didn't have my forum 6% off code handy. The rep wouldn't supply the code or even give me $10 off which would have been less than the 6% discount. Maybe its time I look elsewhere. It has always been easy to buy from them. Maybe I got a dud rep.
Did you simply try and PM a member here? Or just demand a discount? I've had my issues with them as well, but their service is always top notch.

·
Down for the count
2,018 Posts
So let me get this straight: you wanted to buy a $145 set of gears, and wanted the 6% forum discount, which would have saved you a total of $8.70 (or $15.60 if you wanted the whole kit for some reason). Literally the only thing you have to do to earn the code is post a few times on this forum, but you were too lazy/uninvolved in the community to do that. So you demanded the rep give you the discount anyway, and when he declined you asked for $10 off just because? Then when he declined again, you go public to try to bully AM into giving you a discount you didn't earn.

Hmm, call me a cynic but I don't feel sorry for you. The code is a GIFT for being an ACTIVE member of this forum. Btw, if $15 is enough to piss you off enough to start a thread bitching about it, you need another hobby.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Don't AM want to see a certain number of posts before you get a forum code?

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Iirc the discount codes are for active members in good standing with the forum with a membership of a certain length of time as well as a minimum post count. Yes you've been a member since 2012 but you only have 7 posts. Im sure a rep will come in and rectify the situation but i dont think you have much cause to be upset.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Well in all fairness, he had 6 before this complaint post. So 1% per post? Yes please!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the post count info. I was unaware of that. I have spent several thousand dollars with them and used the code before so I was unaware of the post count requirement.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Can't beat that.. A thread for nothing.. Lol
Hey - We're always around to help out and we've been on the forums for a long, long time. The forums/social team here at AM works a little differently than our customer service team as well. OP - Checked my inbox again and haven't heard from ya!

Alex

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Hey - We're always around to help out and we've been on the forums for a long, long time. The forums/social team here at AM works a little differently than our customer service team as well. OP - Checked my inbox again and haven't heard from ya!

Alex
Always been more than happy with you all! Knew if someone reach out you guys would get it worked out. Take Care.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Definitely Chris! We take care of our own and will always continue to do so! If anyone ever has a problem with an order, question, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Alex

1 - 20 of 22 Posts