Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have had the horse on my grille painted flat black for about 6 months now and because I do alot of freeway driving it had become chipped. So I had decided that it was time to repaint it and unzippee wanted pictures of how I did it, so here are the pictures enjoy!

The first step was taking off the grille

Now it was time to start masking the grille to prevent oversoray on the parts that I didnt want painted

This is the paint I used. ULtra flat black paint, and a protective flat black enamel. I tried finding a clear enamel that would protect the paint but I couldnt find anything that wouldnt make it glossy, I didnt want gloss.

This picture is after 3 coats of ultra flat black spray paint.

This is the completly finished horse after 2 coats of flat black protective enamel spray paint.

Hope you enjoyed it!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I bet man. :)

So did you do pretty much the same thing color wise on the side emblems?
Yea same thing. But I got new emblems and painted them off the car. Its like impossible to mask off the emblems on the car. I did nt want to take the sance of any overspray on my paint.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OOHHH. Yea with all the chips in it from f ing gravel trucks! Why arent those things illegal! My front end is so scratched up! Mind you I mostly do highway driving!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts