Modded Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 334 Posts

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
Oh man Marc.. A chill went down my spine when I saw this. I'm glad you're alright man, the car can be replaced.

Prayers sent to all involved.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
I just talked to my boss, keeping him up to date. The other driver didn't make it. Words cannot express the sorrow I am feeling right now.
I'm terribly sorry, I hate to hear that for you and the other family involved...

·
better than clockWise
20,483 Posts
Marc - Almost 30 years ago (sheesh, **** im old) my grandma pulled out of my cousins neighborhood after dropping her off. She wasn't paying attention and pulled right out and got T-boned on the driver side. Oncoming traffic was 40-45mph so it was a good hit. She wasn't wearing her seatbelt but, the police said if she had been, she would have died. She got tossed to the passenger side and it saved her. Regardless, she, from a 5 or 6 year olds perspective looked like ****. It hurt to see her that way but, my point in all of this, is that I was never upset at the driver who hit her. None of the adults were either (mom, dad, aunts, etc..) with the driver.
Sometimes, **** just happens. It wasn't your fault and you can't blame yourself for the guys death. You could go back and relive that accident 100 times and not once would there have been jack **** you could have done to change the outcome.

I'm not saying you are blaming yourself but, just incase you are... knock it off.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Wait... I thought you bought his car..

Oh **** me his car is silver lol. Didn't you bay that car from some one off here?? I know you did
So they are identical. I thought Marc bought his after he deployed. Well at least I'm only semi crazy lol
No, your completely nuts. I ordered my car April 17, 2011 and it was delivered on August 30 with 47 miles. I drove her off of the truck. Ive put just about every mile on her, and she was beautiful. Never an engine issue, trans was great, even the rear end had no whine.

There were things I did to her that Swervo had done, like the good spears. There were other inspirations to my car, but in all, she was mine. Short of the paint, I did every bit of work to her.

Off of the car subject a bit- would it be prudent or odd to want to go to the funeral? I never met this man, and maybe his wife could take some comfort knowing I was ok. I dunno. My mother is driving up today to help with things. I have a car I can drive, so I'm good there. Just means my teenager will have to so without for a bit. There is so much going through my head right now, I can't even express.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Marc - Almost 30 years ago (sheesh, **** im old) my grandma pulled out of my cousins neighborhood after dropping her off. She wasn't paying attention and pulled right out and got T-boned on the driver side. Oncoming traffic was 40-45mph so it was a good hit. She wasn't wearing her seatbelt but, the police said if she had been, she would have died. She got tossed to the passenger side and it saved her. Regardless, she, from a 5 or 6 year olds perspective looked like ****. It hurt to see her that way but, my point in all of this, is that I was never upset at the driver who hit her. None of the adults were either (mom, dad, aunts, etc..) with the driver.
Sometimes, **** just happens. It wasn't your fault and you can't blame yourself for the guys death. You could go back and relive that accident 100 times and not once would there have been jack **** you could have done to change the outcome.

I'm not saying you are blaming yourself but, just incase you are... knock it off.
I don't blame myself. I'm just incredibly sad at the loss. I never even knew him.

And yeah, I didn't sleep much because all I could see was their truck right in front of me. In that split second none of my high performance driving classes, none of the great brakes and sticky tires meant a thing. None of my skills as a proficient driver mattered. Isaac Newton was in the drivers seat.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Yeah I would go. You don't have to say anything or even be there long. But just show your presence and let them know. I'm sure they would appreciate it

·
OldandFurious
692 Posts
I just talked to my boss, keeping him up to date. The other driver didn't make it. Words cannot express the sorrow I am feeling right now.
Good wishes to you during this time. Vehicles are just that and can be replaced. Our heart's also go out to the others involved in this horrific event.
Keep us posted.

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
Glad you are ok. Prayers for all involved.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
damn, man… prayers going up all around. I'm glad you're ok!

·
Registered
164 Posts
From an emt stand point and knowing a fellow emt the went to a funeral be careful. The family my be blaming you. I think is a wonderful gesture but they could see the opposite. The situations are a little different but I'd be careful none the less.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have. We have an RS3 black on black I drool over. Or I could order one still. Or buy a 2012 Boss. GT500 not out of the discussion, either. Whatever it is will have to be special.

Blue eyes was a special car to me.
2015 mustang in your future. im glad to hear you are ok

·
Registered
419 Posts
sry to hear about all this marc. prayers for you and your family as well as the other party involved. good luck with your recovery bud...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
From an emt stand point and knowing a fellow emt the went to a funeral be careful. The family my be blaming you. I think is a wonderful gesture but they could see the opposite. The situations are a little different but I'd be careful none the less.
This is what I was thinking, so glad someone else said it. It's a nice gesture, I know, but depending on how the family is feeling, might not be the right move. If you get the impression they are grateful for you to be here(unlike their love one is what I mean) and understand everything about the situation, then I would say it's ok.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
2015 mustang in your future. im glad to hear you are ok
Wife wants me to order her one in yellow with the eb4. So that option is out.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Wife wants me to order her one in yellow with the eb4. So that option is out.
the eb4 sounds like nice engine but it is still a downgrade from a coyote. i would get the coyote 2015 if i were you. and if will handle even more power than today coyotes out of the box with the stronger rods and revised pistons. the aftermarket wont be able to do much with the stock turbo of the eb4. i hear that the exhaust manifold and turbo housing are cast on cylinder head meaning that it will be a pain in the ass to upgrade the turbo and the direct injection is a horrible thing at this point in time in the aftermarket world.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
If we get an eb4, it will be hers to drive. She won't mod it at all.

If I bought one, it would be the GT. I love the new look, and the tech. We will see in the coming weeks what happens.

81 - 100 of 334 Posts