Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the difference and which is better?

gts3

gts2

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the pic of the silver one, I've been wondering what it would look like on my car.

BTW, whats all that white **** on the ground?:dunno

:D I just love SE Texas.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
It has to be the material the hoods are made out of because I agree with you guys that they look the exact same to me too...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks for the pic of the silver one, I've been wondering what it would look like on my car.

BTW, whats all that white **** on the ground?:dunno
Yep that stuff there is what they call snow....saw it one time years ago:D
We don't get that stuff here anymore or so it seems

·
Registered
237 Posts
You can only see the difference from the back (i.e., the view from inside the car). On the GTS-3 hood, the part closest to the window on the raised part curves with the back of the hood; on the GTS-2, that part goes straight across.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh... Thats my car :cool:

The GTS2 hood has a straight edge along the back side where the raised portion ends. It also has a center bead which some of us GTS2 owners had removed. It didn't bother me enough to spend the extra $$$ to get it taken off. Below is a picture of my car, same one as pictured above...

In the GTS3 hood the back of the raised portion follows the curve of the hood. And in that same hood TruFiber also decided on removing the center bead. Picture below is of the same car just unpainted...

I *THINK* the front nose also had some work done but I'm not 100% sure so I wont comment on that.

The rest should be the same there are no difference in material or anything else.

And below are some other pictures and angles of the hood...

In the pictures I have the heat extractors covered so the engine doesn't get any water marks on them. There held in by 6 screws. I take them off for shows. I recently added some hood pins to keep hood flutter down at highway speeds of 80mph+. I positioned the hood pins on outter two rubber stops.

Hood was pretty good quality as far as fit goes. Nice built in ram air system and great fit. But it was labor intesive to take car of all the pin holes. I know others weren't so lucky with just pin holes. So buywe beware. But I am very happy with the end product. I would buy from them again.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey the silver one is mine.:)
I added a CDC Classic front spoiler shortly after.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's a pic.

here's the cowl area after paint.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i wish they'd come out with one that didn't have the big ass support in the middle. it should be hidden underneath not sticking way the hell out

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been considering purchasing one of these hoods. I've been looking around to try and get some information and the only thing I have been able to come uo with is that there are 3 different models:

GTS Ram Air ----- No rise in the hood (very little anyway)

GTS 2 Ram Air ----- 2" rise in the scoop

GTS 3 Ram Air ----- 3" rise in the scoop

I could be wrong, but it seems to be the closest guess for me!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts