Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, i posted a couple months back about my SVT Contour build. Cammed 3L 11.24:1 compression and shooting for 250whp. Well, due to taking short cuts (not fixing **** port job on heads by previous owner for one), i fell short, very short of my goal. First day of tuning, the car left the shop making only 202whp and 163wtq. I felt like there was room for improvement as the car still ran like total ****, so i took it to another tuner, and we dug into it a lot more. We were able to compare tuned. That day, original tune, the car made 200whp and 165wtq, and left there with a MUCH smoother curve, and 213whp and 179wtq. The car is nowhere near what i want out of it, and after the tuner and i digging in, we found the car needs the heads fixed or replaced with better ported ones, and that the cranking compression is only 126-134psi, so higher compression would help get the benefit i want out of these cams. So, i'm about tapped out for money, so all i can do is enjoy the car, and well, i do.

I attended the All Ford Nationals in Carlisle like i do every year on my crappy 202whp tune. I ran the Real Street Shootout and had much success! I did in fact beat a pretty prepped Mustang GT 3V, along with a bunch of Fiesta STs, a 2V vert and a Focus. Placed first (by half a second!) for the event! Then on Sunday set the fastest Autocross time for the day! I had a blast! Here are some videos!

First start!

In car of best run at the Real Street Shootout

Outside video of the best run

Outside video of second fastest run

And here were my faster runs on Sundays autocross

Once i get more funds saved up, i'll work on another motor, but until then, i'm just gonna have fun with this thing!

IMG_8643-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_8645-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_8655-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_8658-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

13320448_10209708015887865_5243340296400832595_o by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

13320641_10209711606337624_9220359215722911403_o by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

13405064_10206238727635368_555509491_o by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the side pipe for weight reduction right now. I plan to go true dual side pipes when i get the motor to where i want it.

·
Formerly whyxitx
12,083 Posts
Saw that you won on FB, congrats though! As long as you're having fun with it is all that matters. Mine is slow, but i can't wait to AutoX it.

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool car man.
Thanks!

I was walking around Saturday evening and saw your car and that you won the real street shoot out. Congrats !
Didn't see anybody around the car at the time though.
We were probably walking around and checking things out.

Saw that you won on FB, congrats though! As long as you're having fun with it is all that matters. Mine is slow, but i can't wait to AutoX it.
Dude, it's addicting! I love it!

Here are some fun little pulls from a dig i tried this weekend with the car. The roads were a little damp from rain, but once it hooked, it pulled pretty good. I'm hoping for low 14's or high 13's when i go to the drag strip next month.

·
RAT FINK
939 Posts
So what's wrong with the heads? Did the PO make the ports too big or is it just overall poorly done?

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Love that lope

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Looks good Mark. Been following along on FB...and of course the retards in the PA's Finest group :facepalm:

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what's wrong with the heads? Did the PO make the ports too big or is it just overall poorly done?
Poor job overall. ports are no longer perfect circles, not matched up well, just your "back yard first time trying to port" port job lol! I'm sure i can fix it though with some time. I just want to drive and enjoy the car for now though.

Love that lope
OMG me too!

Looks good Mark. Been following along on FB...and of course the retards in the PA's Finest group :facepalm:
Thanks Troy! Hope to see ya at Cars and Coffee tomorrow!

:llama

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
That lope! Like the exhaust through the rocker insert hole too. That last pic with trophy, priceless.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Got some quick footage from my C&C video going live tomorrow Mark. Sounded great! Good seeing you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts