Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought about putting this into the project log, but its more of a tear down than a build up..

pulled the procharger kit off of my car. its getting sold back to its original owner for the same price. also pulled off some other little things like my third brake/rear reflector tint, smoked license plate, and a few tiny stickers. installed an american muscle cold air kit and seafoamed the engine. pulled off the white faced gauge overlays, removed my boost and wideband and pillar pod, tidied up some wiring, and cleaned up the engine bay. essentially returning the car to as stock as i can make it.

the procharger cash plus my tax return were a big chunk of cash back into my pocket. paid off my credit card. paid off my debt. the gt will be receiving new tires, a new clutch, new brakes, and a few other little odds and ends before it is either just cruised the rest of summer - or sold for a low mileage, stock new edge gt.

to be completely honest - it feels good to not be in debt, to have an actual savings account, and to not be a "car guy" :) responsibility calls!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
yea, your car will be more reliable now at least

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, your car will be more reliable now at least
reliability partially why i downgraded. surely would have broken something else had i kept the procharger on and gotten a tune. wouldve needed to buy a heavier duty (and much more expensive) clutch. stickier (and more expensive) drag radials that last half as long as regular street tires. probably wouldve broken an axle after that and wouldve wanted to do a 31 spline axle/new diff. $$$$$. i cant tell you the last time i was able to buy clothes, eat at a restaurant, or put down beer money without worrying about if i have enough money to afford gas and my bills for the month.

the car still sounds great with the longtubes, o/r x, and pro dumps. and frankly - the normal passerby wouldnt have even known if it were supercharged. as a street car - it never sees the track. so whats the point of having all that power on the street when the only possible thing youre going to want to do with it is show off, drag race, and do dangerous ****. i mean sure i love to get planted in my seat just as much as the next guy - but for my purposes, as long as it looks and sounds good - im pretty happy. oh - and looky here, took a girl out to dinner last night and didnt have to worry about cash :)

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Sounds like you made the best choice for you. Congratulations on paying off the debt.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Grats! Sounds like your doing whats more necessary in your life now kinda like me haha my mods made my car more sexy and reliable and i still got a fat wallet but soon once im done with the necessary reliability's like brakes, clutch, tires, everything in good working condition ima start with the horses and have best of both worlds! Just have patience man im sure once your done with your necessities then youll get back on the horses and pretty soon we will both have the best of both worlds :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts