Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth it to upgrade the exhaust gaskets if you already get some gaskets in a exhaust header order? Brenspeed offers this for $38 to upgrade. The pypes headers have gaskets already but Brenspeed offers to upgrade them. I know its only $38 but if i can use that on something else then i wont upgrade.

what would be the benifit since the only downer would be just paying the $38?

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
there simply arent any aftermarket ones out for the 3 valve...not that i found, so I bought new OEM ones.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
No, i asked Livernois...they told me noone makes an aftrermarket set. They all just use the OEM ones....whatever like you said they can be reused, I just decided for 20 bucks ill get new ones. I bought a new oil pan gasket as well but those also can be reused.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Stick with OEM exhaust gaskets. I used the gaskets that came with my Kook headers and they leaked. Swapped to OEM and problem solved

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright thanks for the info!! saves me a couple bucks!!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Plenty of them. You didnt ask me? But either way, its no matter. Im telling OEM gaskets are top notch and can be resused as much as you want.
:withhomo

My Mac headers came with the Percys gaskets that Brenspeed is offering in that "upgrade". I used them since I had them anyway, and haven't had any problems with them, they are very high quality gaskets. But 99% of people reuse the stock ones, and I haven't heard of anyone having a problem. Plus, I've reused metal shim style exhaust gaskets on countless other vehicles before with no problems. SO if I were you, I'd save your money.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
The stock gaskets are the best for a leak free, lasting seal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts