Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A lot of people hate the Roushcharger...but I'll tell you what...that little sucker is reliable, lets out an awesome wail, and makes the car quicker than most other cars on the road.

I originally bought my Roushcharger on Ebay, so I got a great deal. I spent less on it than some guys drop on N/A mods.

With that said, I knew it was a stepping-stone towards the direction I really want to go: I want an all around balanced daily driver...a badazz street car.

With that in mind, I bought a Roush Stage 1 - for the looks without having to worry about body kits, paint, etc.

The deal with a Stage 1 is that the car is just a GT in a fancy wrapper.

So then I dropped full Steeda Club Racer Stage 1 and 2 suspension on it along with the Rouscharger. Made it better than a Stage 2.

With the blower and big brakes it is essentially a stage 3 sans forged rims.

It handles like a dream, better than my old M3 - and it is quite balanced.

Anyway, I knew I wanted more power, and I have been researching superchargers.

I knew I wanted roots or screws, not a centrifugal. Kenne Bell, Roush and Edelbrock TVS, Whipple, and TechCo were all contenders.

TechCo went away last week, and I would pick KB over Whipple only because I have a KB tuner near me. I was leaning toward a KB over the TVS offerings...but the clincher for me is always a great deal - so I picked up a Roush TVS2300 this week at a great price. I just had to pull the trigger with the deal I got.

I'm going to run NastyStangs's first setup: Steeda underdrive pulleys with the stock snout pulley...should hit ~ 460 RWHP SAE.

I did the install the last two days (I'm a do-it-yourself-er). I have a few issues...waiting on a tune...need some hoses from Roush, and I need a bigger idler to take up belt slack, but it is coming along nicely.

Pics:

Better than Christmas with my number 1 helper:

Labeling and stripping the M90 Roushcharger:

A clean canvas...

Adios, M90. I'll miss that whine.

More is better. For The Win.

Almost done:

:D

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Very nice!

Be nice to see track times betweent the two...:D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Congrats. Those are some geat comparison pics.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
damn man, lookin sick! i see you got that carbon fiber inlet too ;)

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Man thats badass. I want a Roush TVS. What you gonna do with your M90 s/c

·
Registered
818 Posts
Congrats...thats gonna be sick

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Stanglifemike its all yours bro.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
congrats man, that thing is gonna be a BEAST..............I got dibs if the price is right after stanglifemike haha.........M90 with some spray..........FUN!!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Awesome. TVS was a great choice. I am a fan (just bought an E-Force). Cool that you could stay Roush with it.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I am curious what kind of fender covers those are.
looks simular to the same ones Ford supplies us with (Rotunda)..........but i'm sure you can order something simular from any decent parts house. They are made out of a soft "pleather" type material, very simular to this stuff they call "leather".......

·
Registered
932 Posts
looks simular to the same ones Ford supplies us with (Rotunda)..........but i'm sure you can order something simular from any decent parts house. They are made out of a soft "pleather" type material, very simular to this stuff they call "leather".......
I have seen FRPP fender covers and they suck. Don't stay on the fender at all. Would be real interesting on some that stay up ASAP. I've got a supercharger to install.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I know the REAL Ford fender covers that we get say PTS (professional Tech society) on the side of them............they work pretty damn good.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts