Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has 113k miles and the ride is getting rougher. For someone on a budget,what would be a good suspension setup(shocks,struts and springs) ? The car is a DD so im not looking for a full-on drag setup,just some upgrading.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
asian.... we both sad now :(

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Truth223, the OEM setup is actually great for drag lol, if you just get a set of replacement shocks (no doubt the ones on your car are worn out at 113k), it'll greatly improve the ride quality. If you're serious about weight transfer, get a set of drag springs, drag shocks, and lower control arms.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
If you want to lower it about 1.25" you can look into FRPP C spings or Steeda Sport springs. Mach 1 Tokico or Tokico blue shocks/struts will work.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
My car has 113k miles and the ride is getting rougher. For someone on a budget,what would be a good suspension setup(shocks,struts and springs) ? The car is a DD so im not looking for a full-on drag setup,just some upgrading.
Almost everything that is done to the suspension is to tighten and stifffen it making the ride rougher. Stock springs are 450 lbs front and 210 lbs rear. Most after market lowering springs are in the 650/250 range. Upper and lower control (whether poly or hiem) take the rubber buffers out. This leads to more noise, vibration and harshness in the ride. Believe me when I say its only been a couple of months and I'm really starting to dislike the control arms I picked. The entire rearend creaks and growns when driving through town. If you want to improve your ride quality then the best thing would be to just put some stock shocks and struts back on the car. That the best you're going to get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts