Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to beef up my rear end. i'm pretty sure i should be looking for axles and a diff. what axles and diffs do you guys use. i was looking at these axles:

Alloy USA Performance Rear Axle Kits ALY-12190

Than i figured a truetrac for the diff. any suggestions or comments would be appreciated

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
if you want to keep driving it comfortably go with the true trac. great diff and is more than sufficient for 90% of the people out there. you really shouldn't need to upgrade the axles. the stockers are pretty strong.

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok the axles are pretty weak actually 450rwhp and a good launch will snap them

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I know nothing of the axles in these cars so I wouln't comment on that part but I have been running a tru trac in my truck for a few years now and have no complaints what so ever. Depending on the app you might want to look into the detroit locker.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I was told the 31 spline stock axles are strong... I have been launching my heavy vert for 3 years on slicks. had them checked,,, they are still fine

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
ok the axles are pretty weak actually 450rwhp and a good launch will snap them
how many occurances do you actually know of that this has happened. i've been around the forums since 06 and don't hear anything about them really. justin at jpc told me i would be fine for quite a while on the stockers.

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so is the diff the weakest point atm. do i need to worry about upgrading it. i'm running mickeythompson drag radials. i was launching at 5000rpm and thats when i snaped the drive shaft. i'm just worried about breaking something else once that gets fixed. trying to get 1.6 60 ft. time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts