Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran a high 12 mach1 and won by a car with a .051 jet and right when i let off the car just turned off

AT 120MPH:mad: lol luckily the place we run has about 2miles of open straight road to slow down lol once i got the car to stop, i let it sit for a second with key off, then turned it on but it sputtered a lil bit like it had to much gas i revved it once and it ran just fine drove back to our spot turned it off, then back on checked the motor revved it up some, and there was nothing wrong at all

what would cause the car to turn off after a WOT run with the nitrous? car wasnt overheating either(from what i can tell)

·
Registered
748 Posts
bump...(id like to know too)

could running it lean (too much nitrous not enough fuel) shut it off?

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
It probably soaked the intake track with fuel that was built up in the pressure line after you let out of it and choked the motor down. Pull your plugs and check them to make sure, but I doubt you have done any damage.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Originally Posted by prodrifterx
bump...(id like to know too)

could running it lean (too much nitrous not enough fuel) shut it off?​

No, that will make it rev like a SOB.
hmm. not to thread jack but what happens vice versa (lots of uel, less nitrous)

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
Originally Posted by prodrifterx
bump...(id like to know too)​

could running it lean (too much nitrous not enough fuel) shut it off?​

hmm. not to thread jack but what happens vice versa (lots of uel, less nitrous)
Bogging, washed cylinders, fuel puddling, cracked ring lands, etc.

Depending on line length, the nitrous will stop spraying as soon as the solenoid closes. On the other hand, the fuel will sustain some line pressure and spray a little extra into the intake. This could cause a backfire or make the car shut off in rare situations.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bogging, washed cylinders, fuel puddling, cracked ring lands, etc.

Depending on line length, the nitrous will stop spraying as soon as the solenoid closes. On the other hand, the fuel will sustain some line pressure and spray a little extra into the intake. This could cause a backfire or make the car shut off in rare situations.

thanks ac

what would be a fix on this? or is it rare for that to happen?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It depends on where your injection nozzle is located. Where is it located BTW?
about 3inches from the throttle body, the fuel jet im using is a .30 and it was working fine with the .046 jet but once i changed it to .051 the shutdown happened

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
If you pushed in the clutch as soon as you let off the throttle I can help you with this. Mine used to do the same thing.:)

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
well howa bout telling everyone what the problem is and how to fix it

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you pushed in the clutch as soon as you let off the throttle I can help you with this. Mine used to do the same thing.:)
:confused:

i did that.....

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

it was a good run

4point6 filming at the quarter mile mark

waiting for in-car mach1 footage

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any answers?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Anytime you are spraying a big shot I would say slamming the clutch in at the end of your run is a no-no. I would get out of the gas but let the motor come down on its own just a bit to burn up any extra fuel or n20 left in lines and intake.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
:confused:

i did that.....
Sorry for the delay...just haven't checked in for a while. My car had to have the tune adjusted to allow for the speed vs. RPM mis-match that occurs when you disengage the clutch at high speeds. It's probably best to ease off the throttle and let the car coast down a bit anyway :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts