Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice on how to plug the internal egr on the intakes as i have a external on my 87 gt thanks

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
If you’re using an external egr passage that connects to the passenger side manifold you’ll either need a 94-95 gt lower intake or upper intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a upper and lower intake that has internal hole i read that you can plug it off. Just wondering how and can i use external?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I misread that. Are you trying to delete the egr system? All you’ll need is an egr block off plate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could but what i want to do is use tje upper and lower intake but it has the hole in the center for internal but i have external and was asking what i have to do to use it ? Just block it off? And any other mod i would have to do?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I’m still confused. You should have an internal egr if you’re using fox exhaust manifolds. You don’t need to block off the holes if you’re using an early gt40 intake as it’ll work with the fox egr setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m still confused. You should have an internal egr if you’re using fox exhaust manifolds. You don’t need to block off the holes if you’re using an early gt40 intake as it’ll work with the fox egr setup.

i have bbk shortys on car. maybe the info i got was not correct. so 87 gt have internal egr? so its pretty much bolt on and go? thanks for your input i am still learning the car was my brothers car he passed away so i am not really sure what it has other than 100 shot nitrous!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Sorry to hear about your brother.

Fox cars have internal egr passages in the heads and intake. You don’t need anything other than the intake. Bolt on your egr spacer with egr and you’ll be good to go.

In 94 Ford changed the egr so it had a tube that went from the exhaust manifold to the egr valve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts