Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a upr k member along with a set of long tubes planning on doing the install at my shop on a Sunday. i was looking at the coil overs and was wondering if there is an isolator that sits on top of the adjuster nut or does the coil over spring just sit right on top of the aluminum adjuster nut anyone have pics of this set up? Thanks!

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Make sure you put the stepped spacer on the bottom of the CC plates.
If you don't you'll get a noise straight outta hell itself, don't ask me how I know.:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Make sure you put the stepped spacer on the bottom of the CC plates.
If you don't you'll get a noise straight outta hell itself, don't ask me how I know.:facepalm:
This too. And I wrapped the bottom of my strut with black electrical tape to make sure it didnt make noise at the bottom. Also make sure when you lower the car off the jacks the spring is fully seated in the top. I've never had any noise out of mine, and I don't understand why everyone complains about noise. They've obviously done something wrong if theirs is that noisy.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks^ ill be sure to take some pics of the install. BTW mustanglouver love the car similar to mine

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also with the coilovers, is there supposed to be some spacer on the top too where the nut bolts ontop of the strut above the caster/camber plates?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Also with the coilovers, is there supposed to be some spacer on the top too where the nut bolts ontop of the strut above the caster/camber plates?
No spacers on top of the CC plates. The nut goes straight down onto the pivoting bearing (Spherical bearing)

And thanks. I love how mine turned out!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
This too. And I wrapped the bottom of my strut with black electrical tape to make sure it didnt make noise at the bottom. Also make sure when you lower the car off the jacks the spring is fully seated in the top. I've never had any noise out of mine, and I don't understand why everyone complains about noise. They've obviously done something wrong if theirs is that noisy.
Yeah Mine makes a good nit of noise, been over the whole install several times and have no reason for the noise, I guess everyones different?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
what struts??

mine made a crap load of noise with strange struts, switched to tokico blues and its quiet as a mouse

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Mine sounds like a logging wagon sometimes, I have strange adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
what struts??

mine made a crap load of noise with strange struts, switched to tokico blues and its quiet as a mouse
I've heard NOT to use Strange struts. I have Bilsteins, and they are just as quiet as the stock suspension.

Yeah Mine makes a good nit of noise, been over the whole install several times and have no reason for the noise, I guess everyones different?
What struts do you have?

Mine sounds like a logging wagon sometimes, I have strange adjustable shocks.
Change the struts and I bet your problem goes away. Find some Bilstein cobra take-offs from a low mileage car and put them on. I paid $150 for my struts and they came off a 20k mile cobra. I've had no issues with them and when they fail, I'll throw the stock struts on while I send the Bilsteins out to be rebuilt.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I run strange struts and yes they can be heard sometimes specially after driving in the rain. They get the job done and I love their adjust-ability. From a soft drag setting that makes it ride like an old LTD with blown out shocks, to a setting that's exactly like stock.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I just dont like taking off parts like that unless i know what causing the problem. Has anyone figured out why they clunk like they do?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn it i have strange struts. I guess i will Makes a rubber busing for he coilover thread tube to sit on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts