Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally got rid of my stock h pipe for a UPR x pipe. i didnt want to spend big bucks on a x pipe and UPR was a reasonable price, why i went with it. just have to say was a great kit and happy with the turn out. sounds great, and install was smooth. fits no problem. only issue i found was the one rear O2 sensor, the plastic piece to hold the wire to the trans crossmember wouldnt go back in, the placement on the bung made it to short, so i just used a zip tie to secure the wire. very happy with it, and decided to share for those thinking about what pipe to go with

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I got a UPR catted x pipe and I've very happy with it too. :D

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Yep, UPR is the ****!

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
ill be ordering mine after christmas, ive been looking for vids of stock exhaust with UPR OR/X, you should take a vid!! :)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
started with a upr x pipe 4/5 xpipes later back with a upr x pipe, best sound n fit

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will take a video later on my phone so wont be the best. also, i have flowmasters on it and they are both cracked (found out installing x pipe) so you will hear a exhaust leak, but ill get a video for you

·
Speed Junky
56 Posts
looking for vids of stock exhaust with UPR OR/X, you should take a vid!! :)
xpipe with stock exhaust will create what sounds like a valve noise around 2500rpm... Whats happening is simply the exhaust waves are colliding under acceleration and it isn't damaging anything... This is what a lot of people complain about with xpipes... your pushing the volume from an equalized 2.5 xpipe into a stock 2.25 system which becomes a bottle neck causing the clapping/slapping/tapping sound... The solution is to add a 2.5 catback system which solves the noise problem by allowing the exhaust in the xpipe to properly equalize both sides and then flow through freely though the remaining system...

An xpipe that's installed on a stock catback isn't too loud and does sound good, but just be aware of what's causing your noise, because when you first hear it you'll swear it's something in the engine... It's a cheap easy way to upgrade your exhaust note, but it's something that should only be done with the intention of upgrading the catback to 2.5 in the future...

While the change from 2.25 to 2.5 doesn't seem like much of a difference, in terms measured volume being moved through your exhaust system it's huge...

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have the UPR x pipe no cats with the stock mufflers and I love the sound...I cant wait to put some new mufflers on tho.. maybe some pypes m-80's..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts