Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Gt with American thunder catback and Upr off road X pipe
I have had a nightmare with this pipe it doesn't want to fit on without leaking. I have heard that it isn't supposed to leak it's supposed to be a good fit. I have a few questions for anyone that has it

1. The american thunder catback is a little bigger than the stock catback and the connection where the x pipe meets the catback is leaking and it's not sagging.

2. They sent me two different cone gaskets. One that fit into the pipe and can't possibly do anything to stop a leak and one that gets stuck in the pipe. (drivers side is where I'm told it goes)

3. For the flange on the drivers side I tried cutting out a gasket out of header material and using that. ( it disintegrated and leaked worse). Then I bought a header flange gasket from the local store and it diddn't help.

I am contemplating removing the whole x pipe and all the gaskets and using some High Temp Copper silicone gasket stuff and putting it on all the connections.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
one cone goes to where the xpipe meets the manifolds the 2nd idk i only had one for my x pipe

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know one goes on the drivers side manifold but I'm not sure which one. I have tried both with a leak still but I'm pretty sure that it isn't leaking on the drivers side because I've taken it off and tried so many things I silicon-ed that side up. It has to be leaking on the passenger side and where it connects to the catback. Did you have the stock catback?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Yea I know one goes on the drivers side manifold but I'm not sure which one. I have tried both with a leak still but I'm pretty sure that it isn't leaking on the drivers side because I've taken it off and tried so many things I silicon-ed that side up. It has to be leaking on the passenger side and where it connects to the catback. Did you have the stock catback?
yea i have stock catback i also had a leak in my passenger side but i just bolted each side evenly n got the leak to go away in like the 3rd try do u still had the oem gasket? how many miles on ur car?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
60xxx and I am thinking it's an uneven on the Pass side. I don't have the stock one I trashed it but I bought one that looks the same

1 - 6 of 6 Posts