Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this combo sound? Ive heard some clips on youtube but you can only tell so much from the internet. Will this be annoying raspy? And yes ive done a search :)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
yes it sounds good esp. @ wot

·
Registered
330 Posts
sounds great! i have that setup on my car. it has a very unique sound. here's a crappy/short vid of my car.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I'm thinking about doing 10 series when I eventually do long tubes...
The 10s are quite a bit louder than the 40s but still has the somewhat deep rumble to them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thats no where near crappy great sound quality. I've made my decision!
thanks man. believe it or not, i recorded that on a cell phone. and good choice! you won't regret it. one of the best setups i've heard. And i thought that before i put it on my car so no bias :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had that setup on my car when I bought it. After picking up the car and driving 5 hours back; I replaced the flowmasters the very next day with magnapacks.

The drone is horrific with the flowmasters. So bad in my car that it would distort the speakers at 2k rpms. Maybe my shorty headers had something to do with it but the magnapacks don't drone nearly as bad.

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
Nice mineral gray, you live pretty close to me. I live in Mauldin and work in Simpsonville :pPPP I was actually about to do the same set-up, but AM just added a BBK x-pipe to inventory for like 240, so gonna snag it probably. But yes, flowmasters have a wicked drone around 2000-2200 rpm, I usually like it but sometimes I even get a mild head-ache U_U

·
Registered
330 Posts
awesome man. I used to live in Fountain Inn. I've seen quite a few people from our area on here lately. it's kinda surprising. but to keep this on topic, the UPR x pipe is really a Pypes X pipe. i ordered mine and when it came, it had a big ole' Pypes sticker on it. haha

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
i have this setup too it sounds great i love it but the drone can get very annoying

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
awesome man. I used to live in Fountain Inn. I've seen quite a few people from our area on here lately. it's kinda surprising. but to keep this on topic, the UPR x pipe is really a Pypes X pipe. i ordered mine and when it came, it had a big ole' Pypes sticker on it. haha
my upr xpipe was deff not a pypes x pipe it fit great and i had no problems with it

·
Registered
330 Posts
my upr xpipe was deff not a pypes x pipe it fit great and i had no problems with it
they have two different ones listed. They show a UPR pipe and the actual PYPES pipe. I ordered the UPR one. If I'm not mistaking, PYPES bends the UPR pipe. So yes, they're two different pipes with different designs, but they are both bent by PYPES.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
hmmm weird guess i got lucky haha

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
little over a year ago

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
sounds great! i have that setup on my car. it has a very unique sound. here's a crappy/short vid of my car.

YouTube - 2002 mustang GT o/r X pipe Flowmaster 40

This sounds great, been looking at some mufflers. How is the drone though??? I have a bassani catted x-pipe so maybe that will take some of the drone away. I suppose it cant be any worse than my Lincoln Mark Viii with no mufflers, sounds like a cobra, got to love the 32 valves.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
+1 as to LOUD and 2k rpm drone...

My car came to me with an o/r X-pipe and Flowmaster 40s; it was too loud for me (keep in mind I'm a geezer)--advertising something it could not deliver--and the drone was intolerable on long trips with the windows up.

I switched to a UPR catted X with Magnaflows.

It's plenty loud when you get on it and the drone is almost gone. One bit of conventional wisdom is that chambered mufflers like the Flows go best with H-pipes, and that straight-thrus like the Magnaflows mix best with X-pipes.

I don't endorse or deny this as a standard rule, however my single experience supported the notion...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts