·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

HP292s courtesy of a forum member
Ford cam bolts and washers
Anderson cam tool
Not pictured: Flowtech x-pipe

And a Harbor Freight engine support bar. Gonna use this to hold the engine up while I drop the K member on the longtube install.

Also raided my parents' garage for a bunch of my tools while I was there over the break

Time to do work, son

Also got a new shift knob and handle

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Lug lug lug lug lug lug :D

Good luck with install!

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Gonna feel like a whole different Bullitt, at-least that's what everyone's been telling me. Hope the install goes smoothly.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll keep you guys updated. Sorry for the boring thread, but IT'S EXCITING TO ME DAMMIT

Gonna feel like a whole different Bullitt, at-least that's what everyone's been telling me. Hope the install goes smoothly.
I thought you had yours done already?

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I thought you had yours done already?
Yeah it's been done... that wasn't very clear, I guess what I meant was, everyone who's ridden in mine before LT's and Cams, then after said it feels like a completely different car.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it's been done... that wasn't very clear, I guess what I meant was, everyone who's ridden in mine before LT's and Cams, then after said it feels like a completely different car.
Ah, gotcha. Glad everything worked out for you.

:baller:

HP292 Cams - YouTube

Motivation

Did you buy mid pipe bolts? My flowtech x didn't come with anything.
Awww yeah

And no, they came with the headers

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
S/C would be so badass

Cam lope with longtubes, and blower whistle... gets me all hot and bothered just thinking about it

Oh, I got a pretty badass shift handle and knob combo that I've never seen anyone have before also, but it's installed right now and i forgot to take pics. I'll grab some tomorrow.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think mine lope enough. Maybe just because I'm used to it?
I've been seeing that some cars thump and some cars sound close to stock with the same exact setups. Guess it has to do with the idle speed and the tune.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
All in the idle speed...I've found 700-770rpm gives a nice lope and still keeps drivability. I messed with the idle and had it dropped down to 600rpm, it was obnoxious.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you do it with the tuner or the IAC?

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Do you do it with the tuner or the IAC?
The sct tuner, but it only gives you 605, 655, or 705 as options... I set mine on 655 then adjusted the idle screw (on TB) to bump it up a bit. My tuner didn't get the idle-drivability down pat, so I adjusted it so it wouldn't kill on me as much. Not real sure about how adjusting the IAC affects idle, but it's probably why mine wants to kill sometimes especially when the AC is on.

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
I have that same engine support bar and it made me want to kill myself less during my LT install. Just make sure you don't get the two adjuster wing nut things to close together!! Ask me how I know

Not sent from a stupid Apple device

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Youll love your car after the cams. After I did my heads and cams the car was a different animal and it just pulls and pulls and pulls

1 - 20 of 23 Posts