Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car shut off on my while driving 3 times today. Completely dead, as in all electrical shut off. The battery shows good and cranks just fine when it will crank. The battery gauge shows power and i think the alternator is still good. Even if it was bad I dont see why it would shut down.

Now I am stranded at my gf's apartment and my car will not crank or anything. As soon as i hit the brake, clutch, etc. it will go completely dead. No stereo, no dash lights, no headlights or anything.

What can it be? I need some urgent help please! I was suposed to drive her to her sorority's formal right now too...

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Check you battery cables first, Then next check ALL the wiring harness connectors in the engine bay especially the main one on the passenger firewall, and all the feed into the main power block next to the battery. If no luck there then check all your fuses.

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Yea check hot wire going to fuse box I had same problem and thats what it was..

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the terminals are tight. I recently replaced teh negative cable terminal and that is definitely not teh problem. I cant seem to find any problems with the wires. The lights will come on inside the cabin, but as soon as you press teh brake they all go off immediatly. The stereo will not work either. Basically the only electronics working is teh dome light and teh ignition beeping.

where is thee starter relay or the ignition relay? Its dark out and I have no flashlight so i can't find it. I am beyond frustrated right now...

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a ride back to my house to pick up my motorcycle and some tools. There is definitely a fizzing sound coming from around teh battery, mostly on the positive side. I unhooked the negative terminal and am going to go back tomorrow to try and figure this out in the light. So far I can't see any wires messed up or touching. I checked the leads coming into the fusebox as well and they looked good...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts