Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two issues going on, it wont start, it will turn over but one actually fire up. the second issue is that the new intake and intake gasket i put on as well is leaking out the back passenger side under the gasket. does anyone know why?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Whats your setup? Intake?

What else is done to the car? What kind of MAF/Injectors/Fuel Pump etc... Need to know more info man.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
do you have a starter tune? and if your leaking out the manifold or anywhere after the maf your car is going to run like crap

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the old plastic intake and switched it to the one with the aluminum cross over.

Vortech supercharger, 42# injectors, no clue on what maf but the previous owner had it working on that maf, ford Gt fuel pump, afm power pipe, dragon intake elbow, and 75mm throttle body, also just put ngk tr6's in it gapped at .35

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Could be a few things. What did you use for a fuel line on the ford GT pump?

You probably pinched the gasket for the intake manifold. Which sucks. Did you torque them down in the right sequence?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock lines, and I don't think anything pinched but there's a bare spot where you can see the gasket and looks like something is supposed to go there so I put a bolt there too hold that spot down

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
not having a starter tune will not work. your sitting on 42# injecters with a random maf now. also since you have a power pipe the maf can be sitting in a bad position making your maf counts be to high or low. also you gotta fix that intake leak, and figure out what maf you got. hell i would fix the intake leak and get it towed to a tuner

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
From what Ive heard you cant use the stock fuel line on the GT pump. Itll break and leak. You need a Gates Submersible fuel hose. I think I got mine from AtomicPerformance.com

Is the fuel pressure inertia switch pressed in?

As far as the intake, Idk man, I think the gasket may be off alittle. I could be wrong. If it were me, I would swap the fuel line out first.

Did you torque the intake manifold down in the right order? Theres a specific order you have to do it in, cant just bolt it all down in whatever order.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I have no idea why its leaking out the back. I'll get pics tomorrow to show. How can I identify what kinda maf I have?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
if it does not have a brand name on the senser, odds are its a lightning maf. if it is 90mm (about 4") on both ends, all black with out a iat senser its a lightning or cobra maf

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Ehhh you have some problems man. Hate to say it, but it has to happen.

Take the intake off, fix the gaskets, and do yourself a favor and get a hanes repair manual at Autozone. Shows everything, and itll be helpful to you.

Look for the right order, and right amount of torque to put on the bolts for the intake manifold. So then thats done.

Next, get a submersible fuel hose. Make sure when you put it in, it doesnt kink.

Find out what kind of MAF it is, email your tuner see if he can send you a base tune.

Another thing, did you solder spade terminals on your Ford GT pump. Did you connect the right ones? The positive and negative are marked, just hard to see.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll check tomorrow, I had to call my tuner and leave a message that my car won't be there at 8 A.m, which Is beyond short notice

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
II know the positive is on positive and negative is on negative and I crimped on these little ends to plug in the fuel pump

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think alot of the non starting issues have a lot to do with the fuel pump. Then the intake manifold obviously leaking isnt helping at all.

The Ford GT pump is a pain in the ass. Requires some modifications. Needs to have spade terminals soldered on the prongs of the pump. Then solder the wires and shrink wrap em.

Need to drill holes in the basket so the pump doesnt suck the basket dry at WOT pulls. I did 2 in the bottom, and 3 in the front. Deleted the PPRV.

Used a Gates submersible fuel hose. Which you need to. Stock one will leak, need a submersible fuel hose cause if its not, the fuel will eat away at a regular rubber hose and itll leak.

I honestly dont recomend the Ford GT pump. It allegedly flows 310lph, but its such a hit or miss. I purposley got it so i wouldnt need a BAP, I maxed it at 375rwhp. I would have either just gone with a Focus, or used cobra hat with pumps.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn I wish I woulda known that before I bought it, ill get the hose. And I didn't drill any holes in the basket, do they need to be drilled?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Man if I were you, Id sell it and just buy a Focus 255lph pump. Itll drop right in.

For that pump, yeah you should drill holes. I think I did 5/8 holes. 2 on the bottom, and 3 up front.

·
Registered
59 Posts
does your fuel pump sound like its running ok. i hade this same problem it ended up being the red button by the back left tail light was pushed down. check it to make sure your pump is still turned on because that's the emergency shut off.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts