Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
+1 your charger maybe faulty

IMO the only way i see this happening is the battery and guess what
there is a guy that used to be on here with a turbo v6 mustang...cant remember the name
he called me asked me what to do..but he never pulled his fuses despite what i told him
his car wouldnt start, he put it back to stock same ****, he was pissed angry didnt wana hear it was his battery

so he got a new battery called me and said the thing started right up
hmmmmm sounds just to familiar

btw this is 100% true
some members know him
Rydog

·
Registered
549 Posts
the computer engineer in me says that you may have corrupted the rom inside the computer thus preventing it from correctly holding a tune. in which case you would need a new computer from the dealership.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
^my stomach just started turning....the cost for that.....the cost for installation....im broke. parents are going to be pissed like no other. god damn it

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
your stock tune isn't being loaded on properly. Is your check engine light coming on at all?

Since the car was starting it doesnt sound to me like it is the battery. Sounds like what omz said about it running lean. I'm willing to bet the battery is drained, and that the stock tune didn't load back on properly. You didn't mess with any of the tunes did you?
you know how lean it would have to be?
it'd have to be at some rediculous a/f ratio that i highly doubt would be set as a tune
if this is the case then buying from this "joe" is like an insult. and should be made public a tune THAT incredibly lean is rediculous and clearly shows the person that loaded those tunes has no idea what he/she is doing

plus it doesnt do justice about why the car is only cranking and not starting now unless there was a fuel cut out

·
Registered
549 Posts
hopefully i can sell the tuner to make some money for the computer

im going to cry
id say call sct and just ask them for help seeing as it is their product and see what they say. you may get luckly and they will pay for the computer( if it is actually corrupted). its a long shot but id say try it anyway. a little luck never hurt.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Do me a fav.. go load the custom tune to your car and look at your dash and see if instead of mileage it shows this " --------- "

·
Registered
488 Posts
Did you also happen to install a CAI? If so go back and recheck all connections and clamps. Did you remember to plug everything back in?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
i just tried to start it agian with the stock tune.....it does the same thing as before....my "Theft" light is blinking. my check engine isnt on. HMUSN the milage still shows my normal milage

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
the stock tune is wrong somehow and it set off pats.
what do you mean? is there anyway to get lets say a factory tune that i could get and put on there to try that?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
lets try this.. first off.. a simple cai will not mess up your car unless it is on wrong.. so as long as you are sure that ALL your fittings are sealed and your MAF is not on backwards and your ait is plugged in you should be good there.

did the custom tune load all the way the first time?
if it did it should have saved your stock tune on the xcal.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
yes the base tune loaded with no problems i followed all instructions. It upload and then said turn key to off and press select and i did that.... i then went inside for a few hours waiting for mom to get off her laptop so i could data log. i then went to the car and tried to start it and all this mess happened

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
when we say stock are you loading a tune sent you, or did you even allow the tuner to record your stock tune?

41 - 60 of 133 Posts