Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm sitting at my friend's house with my car jacked up and the brand new x-pipe assembled but I have a few questions to anyone who has removed the stock h-pipe. How the hell did you reach the bolts connecting it to the stock headers? Is there some sort of special procedure you're supposed to do when disconnecting the 02 sensors because I heard someone saying that you had to disconnect the battery of the car and I think that's just a load of bs. Please respond as soon as possible since I want to get this installation done today.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
yu need some extensions on your ratchet to reach the bolts by the cats.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
basic hand tools is what i used. the only thing i think i also had that most probably wouldn't in a basic set is a long extension and a swivel joint for the socket. although it is a very good idea to disconnect the battery and it will take less than a minute, i don't think i did it. given the difficulty of removing the negative terminal on your battery i would just do it.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
As stated above, basic hand tools such as an extension and/or a swivel socket.

And if it says to disco the battery, then follow the instructions. For the 2 seconds it takes to do it, it's not worth taking the chance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts