Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving my gt today and i put i car in nuetral without the clutch is my clutch gone is my tranny falling apart or is this something i can do just not noticed some one please help

·
Registered
190 Posts
well ive heard that its possible to shift without a clutch if you rev match it preciselyand it wouldn damage your car. ive never done it myself, but i have heard that its possible. maybe by some offshoot you did it?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Dont worry..... Guys on this forum Power shift which is 50 times worse for your tranny... YOu pull it out of gear without using the Clutch then you throw it into gear without using a clutch... You just pulled it out of gear without using the clutch... No big deal try not to do it agian...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Dont worry..... Guys on this forum Power shift which is 50 times worse for your tranny... YOu pull it out of gear without using the Clutch then you throw it into gear without using a clutch... You just pulled it out of gear without using the clutch... No big deal try not to do it agian...
if you dont mind me asking, what is a power shift?

·
Banned
5,174 Posts

Weird... my powershifting involve pushing the cluch as I pull it out of gear... else it won't come out :dunno

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
There is confusion with power shifting and what not I guess a true power shift doesnt use a clutch at all

But alot of people use the clutch clam the clutch to the floor take it out of gear and put it in the next one without letting off the gas. But I heard somewere this isnt a true powershift there is another name for it

Oh and BTW dont ever try power shifting a trans with syncros without using a clutch

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
And no you should be able to take it out of gear without using a clutch if you had your foot off the gas. Like if your going up to a stop sign with your foot completly off the gas you should be able to take it out of gear without the clutch

There isnt anything to be worried about

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
There is confusion with power shifting and what not I guess a true power shift doesnt use a clutch at all

But alot of people use the clutch clam the clutch to the floor take it out of gear and put it in the next one without letting off the gas. But I heard somewere this isnt a true powershift there is another name for it

Oh and BTW dont ever try power shifting a trans with syncros without using a clutch
:yes

Common way for Synchro equiped trans

A powershift can be performed in a road car if done as follows. Accelerate through first gear, when you near redline, pull hard on the shifter, don't pull it out of gear though (very unlikely anyway). With the accelerator still floored "kick" the clutch pedal to just about the release point and let it spring back up. The car shifter will slam into second gear and you will continue accelerating. It is difficult to time correctly and also very hard on the car.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Sorry Lu Lu must be right...
I am going to go cry now..

This is power shifting....

GTCS.... Good luck

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
by the the way i havent been able to do a good burnout with my car what is it i put the car in first step on th gas rev to about 4500 and drop out the clutch i know the wrong whats the proper way to do a burn out like the guy in the video

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Your car is fine. I cna shift my car without the clutch all day if I wanted to ( kind of hard on the syncros and I would rather replace a clutch than a tranny )

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i also do that while at the track. it keeps you in your power band rather than letting your rpms drop down. another important thing to learn is where your power starts to drop off. that's where you want to shift. for me i have gotten the best times shifting between 5800-6000 rpms.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
by the the way i havent been able to do a good burnout with my car what is it i put the car in first step on th gas rev to about 4500 and drop out the clutch i know the wrong whats the proper way to do a burn out like the guy in the video

First, turn off Traction control

Second, align car, you don't want it to go sideways while burning out

third, rev engine up to about 4500

fourth, the tricky part, the moment you dump the clutch step on the brake pedal as fast as possible.

use a little throttle control to keep from hitting the rev limiter

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
The taking the car out of gear w/o the clutch is not any kind of problem... if for some reason you tried to do that under acceleration then you might cause problems but why would you do that... It is not a bad to know how to shift w/o the clutch. I have had a car I used to own (89 supra) clutch came apart and drove it 50mi home shifting in sync. The hard part is getting it into first sitting still.... I pull mine out of gear all the time rolling up to red lights...

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
your car is definately going to explode if you dont take it to a priest quick!! lol jk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts