Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i came across some MT ET Street Radials on Craigslist, they are 26x11.5x17 which i believe is 275/40/17 correct?

Anywho they run about $210ish a piece. And hes selling both for $200. But here's my question, Is it worth it? He says they have about 8-10 1/4 passes on them but have no damage and are like new with no damage. But what get me is they have also been sitting for about 2 years. Is it a good deal or should i pass? What worries me is i just dont want them to be dry rotting or anything from just sitting for years.Should they be ok after sitting that long? Figured id ask you guys. Let me know what ya think, thanks for the help guys! I greatly appreciate it!

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
these tires are really good I love them.. but age makes there compound harder and less effective so one would say you won't get the same performance out of these tires that you would with a set that was a few months old so i'd prob throw that at the guy and get the price dropped some more or start saving for a new set

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey guys i came across some MT ET Street Radials on Craigslist, they are 26x11.5x17 which i believe is 275/40/17 correct?

Anywho they run about $210ish a piece. And hes selling both for $200. But here's my question, Is it worth it? He says they have about 8-10 1/4 passes on them but have no damage and are like new with no damage. But what get me is they have also been sitting for about 2 years. Is it a good deal or should i pass? What worries me is i just dont want them to be dry rotting or anything from just sitting for years.Should they be ok after sitting that long? Figured id ask you guys. Let me know what ya think, thanks for the help guys! I greatly appreciate it!
I would just shell out the money and buy a new set.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these tires are really good I love them.. but age makes there compound harder and less effective so one would say you won't get the same performance out of these tires that you would with a set that was a few months old so i'd prob throw that at the guy and get the price dropped some more or start saving for a new set
Yeah thats what i was thinking but didnt know if they would still be ok since they had only been used a very little amount. Not to mention if i can talk him down some that would save me a ton of money.And i could the extra money i saved to put into finish painting my mustang.

He said there are no cracks or anything and im going to take a look at them prob. mon or tues. But are there ways i can tell if they are dry rotting or no good anymore?:dunno Or is it just the exposure to air that makes them hardened and/or dry rot? Also do you guys think theres any chance if i did a good burn out i could get past the hardened air exposed surface of the tire and maybe they would be ok,lol Or once they sit for a while the whole tire just hardens? Just wondering, but thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh he also said that they have been in his garage and dont have any rims on them, i dont know if that would at all decrease the chance of them being hardened or dry rotted at all. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
**** no.... dudes prob sellin them cuz theyre ****. 8-10 passes=40 passes

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
against buyin used slicks brah. Especially "street" driven ****

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I have found a lot of people lose track of how long a set of tires actually sat in the back of the their garage. It is a street legal tire so it should have a date code on it. If you can talk him down, it might still be a decent deal overall for some 275/40/17 tires but don't expect them to have the traction of new ones. On a separate note, you should have at least a 9in rim for these to fit good, people do it with smaller rims but it is far from ideal and if this is going on a daily driver as the primary tires, good luck in the rain....

·
Registered
347 Posts
any pics of the tires and tread?
i bough used 28x10.5 's on jegs prostar's for 300 bucks wheels and tires and they are dry rotted a tad but have tubes and they have cut 1.58 60ft's for me so far

1 - 10 of 10 Posts