Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on another forum

Saleen blower 05+ - WWW.S197FORUM.COM

What do you guys think? Its kind of sketchy since its not complete, but that is a realllly good deal. Ultimately i was saving for a Whipple or TVS, but this is almost a 1/4 of the price and i could have it now. Thoughts?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
huh ok the Saleen blower look wierd to me...it looks like the intake manifold bypasses the blower screw and misses the supercharger all together...how do these Saleens work?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
mmhmmm...still a little confused I guess but a little cleared up thanks man!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
OHHHHHHHH ok so the e-force the air comes in the bottom of the blower and is pushed thru the heat exchanger(charge cooler) into the manifold and then the motor! Ever is so clear now! for that Superchager.

The Saleen on still gets me...its t/b is on the top idk about that one!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
quick question though on the E-force..it doesn't look like the air is compressed and is just let in..how does the are compress to force into the engine? Also how does the bypass valve work on these PD blowers...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Sorry to thread jack man...Just wanting to learn about these blowers really bad now that I have been googling for a long time and reading about them...

just wondering how the E-force compresses the air, how a PD blower bypass valve works,and how that Saleen blower works.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Dude lay off the crack and quite post whoring!!!

Anyways, do you know how a Whipple, Kenne Bell work? Same thing just upside down!

Oh yeah what is a PD blower, never heard of PD before?
PD = positive displacement - something all twin screws do...constanty pressurize air.

That Saleen blower in the other link is pending sale to someone.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Dude lay off the crack and quite post whoring!!!

Anyways, do you know how a Whipple, Kenne Bell work? Same thing just upside down!

Oh yeah what is a PD blower, never heard of PD before?
No I have heard of a PD blower. I know how the KB, Whipples, and Eaton works. Just never saw a Saleen blower how of the engine bay. Dont be a smart ass dude.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Then what's so hard about understanding how this works?
the intake is on top and the screw are at the bottom..the Eforce makes sence the 85mm t/b going into the screws and the air raises up threw th heat exchange and so forth. Just need to seethe inside of the saleen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts