Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 V-6 Mustang muffler has a small 1/8” diameter hole in it at the back side on the bottom of the end cap. It looks to be a stamped hole from the factory. No rust, etc. It looks to be for letting condensate out of the muffler. Is this how they are made? This is the first time I have ever seen anything like this. I noticed this about a year ago and thought it was a rusted out muffler. I got under the car today, thinking I would find the muffler rusted out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
dont worry about the drain hole, its too keep your muffler from turning into an ice block in the winter. But if youre looking to change up your exhaust i would get a catless y, then replace the muffler with a flowmaster 40, thats what i did and after hearing a few 6ers with duals i was glad i stayed single.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
dont worry about the drain hole, its too keep your muffler from turning into an ice block in the winter. But if youre looking to change up your exhaust i would get a catless y, then replace the muffler with a flowmaster 40, thats what i did and after hearing a few 6ers with duals i was glad i stayed single.
i can't stand hearing a single muffler setup....duals are where it's at

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
duals all the way man!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts