Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, is the vortech v1 s-trim a decent supercharger? there is a shop about an hour away that has a special deal goin on right now. 3,000 bucks for the whole deal, injectors, fuel pump and everything else and istalled. brand new kit.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
hey guys, is the vortech v1 s-trim a decent supercharger? there is a shop about an hour away that has a special deal goin on right now. 3,000 bucks for the whole deal, injectors, fuel pump and everything else and istalled. brand new kit.
That sounds like a great deal. V1 S will support 600rwhp with heads/cams. I'm running a V1 S. What size injectors and which fuel pump? If its the exact same kit that you would get from Vortech i think it comes with 38lb injectors and a Walbro or svt focus pump. Those fuel pumps usually max out around 380-420rwhp. The V1 S will only make 7-8psi on the stock 3.6 pulley. You might want to get a 3.33 pulley for it so that you are at 9-10 psi. At 9psi with those Comp blower cams I think you'd be just over 400rwhp. Which maf would you go with? Keep the stock maf and get a diablo mafia or upgrade to a bigger maf?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You can get a complete used kit that is intercooled or aftercooled for around $2500. Just throwing that out there for you to compare.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, he said with the cams i got i should 400ish. as far as what injectors or fuel pump i didnt ask. cause to be honest i dont know what is what when it comes to that. lol. thats why i keep hitting up you guys for all this info.. now for the maf, you really lost me. i mean i know what it is but nothin about different sizes

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Well first you need to decide if you are going to run the kit as is non-intercooled. My guess is you are. No problem with that I was non-intercooled for 2 years. You can get a daiblo mafia extender that is plug and play and will extend the range of your stock maf for around $170. You can buy a used or new 90mm Lightning maf which is usally good to around 450rwhp with a draw thru configuration like Vortech comes with. Brand new this maf is $90. I ran one with mine at 360rwhp and still had plenty of room left. Your third option is a better/bigger maf like an SCT BA2300 that can support 600rwhp+ for around $250 SCT BA-2600 Mustang Big Air 90MM MAF Meter / Sensor (89-04 GT, Cobra, and Mach 1) BA-2600 - Free Shipping!. With the different mafs you will need to relocate your iat sensor because these mafs do not have one built in like your stock maf does.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
But then he's gotta pay to have it installed. In the op he stated 3k installed.
Which would still be $3k installed and he would have a better kit that can support more power i.e. injectors, intercooler, maf, bypass/blow off.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
if it is the kit that is on ebay, is it still decent.
YES!!! That complete kit installed is one hell of a deal and that kit has plenty of potential. I say jump on it!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
well considering fuel set-up is included and shop is installing I would do it too, normally I would reccomend the v3 si-trim, but in your case roll with that ****!

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
They quit making the S trim early last year, unless your buying an old kit that has been on the shelf for a while then you will be getting an SI trim head unit, and they are killer units for the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts