Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the "boost for $1500" thread... I'm looking at building my kit, I understand I may have some extra work to get everything to work just right, but I'm trying to figure out which head unit to get?

V1, V2 or V3? I know the V1s are noiser and the V3 dosen't require the oil line punched out..

What about a Novi or Procharger? What model head units should I be on the look out for?

needing counterclockwise, straight discharge... I'm really wondering what the differences are from one to the next, and which is worth a few more $$..

·
Registered
487 Posts
v3 brand new so prb not going to get a used one. It is cheap to piece together but is very hard to maintain a budget. i can be done but is very hard. u need head unit, pipping, injectors, fuel pump or bap, spark plugs, and a tune and or tuner min. things they help boost vac gauge, afr gauge intercooler. if u cant install it ur self throw the whole idea out the window. i ended up buying a v3 kit off summint (3k) and gauges fuel bap and tune separate. it set me back 4k and i installed it my self.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
v3 brand new so prb not going to get a used one. It is cheap to piece together but is very hard to maintain a budget. i can be done but is very hard. u need head unit, pipping, injectors, fuel pump or bap, spark plugs, and a tune and or tuner min. things they help boost vac gauge, afr gauge intercooler. if u cant install it ur self throw the whole idea out the window. i ended up buying a v3 kit off summint (3k) and gauges fuel bap and tune separate. it set me back 4k and i installed it my self.
kool, I have no problem doing the work, I've got a list of everything I need, some stuff I already have.. done my shopping.. so it's not as much as about the budget as , what head to I get.. Yeah a new V3 is $2300.00? is that worth it, vs. getting a V2, or a novi used for less?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i think the v3 is self contained. There for you won't have to use oil lines for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
punhcing an oil line for my Vortech V-1 was really easy. I personally, wouldn't even consider it a factor in determining what blower I would want.

I love my V-1 because it's nice and loud, and I gain 100+ hp for $2200. Bought the kit used and saved big. Was in perfect condition and got a Snow performance kit included in the price. I just picked up a GT pump and injectors.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
V1 means straight gears loud whine at idle, V2 means heli cut gears a lot quiter at idle, V3 means no oil lines to run.

It's the trim that means the difference. Si-trim is good to 600-650 rwhp, T-trim is good to 675-725 rwhp, JT-trim good to 800 rwhp and the YSI-trim which is good to a 1000-1050rwhp.

The S-trim which is no longer sold but fits our cars is good to 550-600

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
punhcing an oil line for my Vortech V-1 was really easy. I personally, wouldn't even consider it a factor in determining what blower I would want.

I love my V-1 because it's nice and loud, and I gain 100+ hp for $2200. Bought the kit used and saved big. Was in perfect condition and got a Snow performance kit included in the price. I just picked up a GT pump and injectors.
Yeah, I don't really want loud, thats something I'm thinking about with the V1, I know the v3 is quiter, but wondering what a V2 sounds like

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
V1 means straight gears loud whine at idle, V2 means heli cut gears a lot quiter at idle, V3 means no oil lines to run.

It's the trim that means the difference. Si-trim is good to 600-650 rwhp, T-trim is good to 675-725 rwhp, JT-trim good to 800 rwhp and the YSI-trim which is good to a 1000-1050rwhp.

The S-trim which is no longer sold but fits our cars is good to 550-600
Sweet, I really don't care for anything over 400rw.. anything 300+ and I'll be happy.. I wanted to keep it NA, but 300 NA at the wheels is expensive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
V2's are very cool. You can still hear this chirp under the hood, but you still know it's alive :)

If you want a blower, and you want quiet, I'd say V-2 is good for you.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
**** If It Dont Scream Its Garbage:d

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
**** If It Dont Scream Its Garbage:d
lol good point. The v2 makes a fair amount of noise at idle and around 2400-2600 rpm for me, and seems to be louder to people around you rather than in the car? A guy I work with went to lunch with me one day, he drives home the same way I do and gets next to me once in awhile, a few days later he tells me damn your supercharger and bov were a lot louder sitting in my car compared to riding with you I thought my windows were gonna break when it blew off. Donno if that helps you any :dunno. I wouldnt let the punching/taping the oil pan effect your decision any. It doesnt take but 5min max and doesnt effect anything.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
I like my procharger, self contained

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Got everything used 2000$

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
got complete kit here for 2000 shipped! dyno tune another 300 and fuel pump 80 bucks. so 2380 bucks total give or take.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I found a full P1SC kit w/a Core 3 intercooler and FRPP 42# injectors for $2,000. All that was missing was a MAF and a fuel pump, and the pump ran me exactly $100 and the MAF $230.

·
Registered
980 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts