Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my belt shredded two ribs today and I need to know what size it is if anyone knows, before i take it off. Im hoping i can match it up at a local parts store cuz im going outta town monday .??? anyone have any tips? sizes? ect. trying to knock it out quick. My cars an 02' GT with a Vortech V2 s-trim supercharger, stock size pulley, i believe its 3.6" i think.?. I just dont wanna piss around trying to match one up tomorrow if anyone has a size or changed theirs i would be greatful. and there are no numbers to cross reference on the belt, fyi. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
689 Posts
well i just happen to swap out my shredded belt today,i shredded my belt on thursday at the track and drove 2 hours to my house but anyways i had an extra belt already so i dont what the size was but im sure you could get it off of vortechs site or just take it to the napa and have it matched up, i do have a couple of words of advice, the blower is gonna have to come completely off and make sure you have a copy of the belt route in front of you when you route the belt back on the car, i had to use an angled pry bar and a small wood block to get the tensioner to open far enough to allow enough belt slack to make it over the alt. and make sure to have an extra set of hands for the belt, it was ****in pain in the ass with out extra hands to do anything....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thanks for the advise man, i would get one from vortech but like i said im leaving monday and cant wait.... autoparts store i go and they better match one up or im screwed. thanks tho

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
last 3 numbers in the part number denote the size from what ive *heard*, i want to say its 108" though.

Or if you have a napa around you or another store that carries gates products part number K061080 would be what comes with the kits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts