Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have enough cash for a v3 on pay day witch is next Friday or should I just keep saving for a d1? N can some one gave me a idea on what amount of boost I could run v3 without a intercooler safely n what kinda of number I can expect with my mods witch are 75mm tb n pl bassina or xpipe stinger 3:73 gears n anyone form mn would u take the car to db or hitech for a tune. I have a sct tuner in db the only shop that use sct I know of :/ thanks for help

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
both sc's are good units, i ran the v3 si trim and made plenty of power with it. but the d1 is a great sc as well. with a stock motor still in your car both will pump out plenty of power. the v3 si trim will put out the perfect amount of boost with the 3.6 pulley non ic. not sure if you plan on buying a tuner kit or a full kit but if you buy a full kit be carefull cause some of them come with a sci head unit which is not nearly as good as a si trim.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was plaining on tuner kit with 60 pound injectors

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
have you looked into piecing a kit together yourself? People have a lot of success piecing kits together (and end out usually with a bigger blower then just buying a prescribed kit)

what are your other mods? If you are bolt on's (minus cams/heads) you are looking at about 10-11 lbs non/IC to make about 400 rwhp

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
If you are going non-intercooled then get the v3 si. The D1-SC is more expensive because the kit comes with an intercooler. And 60# injectors are overkill unless your plans are to run an intercooler and forge the motor. We could give better advice if we what are your goals for your car. I have heard that you shouldn't run more than 8 psi non-intercooled but some are running 10 psi. 8 psi should get you near 350 rwhp. That's about 411 hp at the block.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Stock 3.6 pulley with powerpipe should get you around 380rwhp and make 10psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts