Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im not sure how different the audio is between the gts and the V6s so thats y i put this in the v6 section....

Anyways, iv been trying to get my audio system to work again because when i bought it the front driver speaker was going in and out and the passenger rear speaker would be shitty and not really put out any sound. So i have put pioneer 6X8s all the way around and the front is fine now but the rear passenger is still really shitty. The cd player is a pioneer as well, not sure on the model...but i think that whomever put it in ****ed up the wiring somehow.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this or how to check the wiring i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
249 Posts
Definetley sounds like a wiring issue! I would check ALL the connections at the speaker, as well as the wiring on the speaker from the magnet to the cone. Then check the wire runs themselves and make sure it's not grounding out anywhere. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
umm... check the wiring :D

just look for bad connections or strange things :D

nah seriously i cant help u here lol sorry

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
the audio components are not engine-specific. moved to correct forum

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Start by checking the connections directly behind the head unit. What I have seen MOST people do is not splice the stock wires into the new harness correctly. If thoese are all right and secured tight check the connections at the speakers themselves. Make sure the wire is not rusted/old looking at the connection. If it is, simply cut some off and re strip it.

If these do not fix it Trace the wire from the Head unit to each speaker. It COULD be your head unit messing up depnding on its age. However it most likely is your wiring to each speaker.

As for taking the interior panels off I cant help ya much, im sure someone else here can. Purchase a Hayne's :tomato

1 - 6 of 6 Posts