Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I cammed my 2006 v6 mustang, would I need any other mods done along with the cams?

How much of a difference would this give my v6 noise/performance wise? (Since I have a limited amount of information of the subject :( I swear a clip of a cammed 01 v6 mustang and it pretty much sounded like a v8. hella sexy lol

Also cost wise, what am I looking at price wise for parts and labor?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Depending on which cams. Supersixmotorsports has the stage 2 & 3 kits. Soo for cost it's more than $1,500. As for labor, not sure but I'd say more than $3000 :dunno
The stage 2 can be used for n/a but the stage 3 is more than likely used for power adders such as superchargers and turbo. You can use the stage 2 and gain more hp with bolt ons.
And for noise, someone else can answer that lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
I talked ith the one of the guy from supersixers and they told me that stage three was for power adders and stage 2 was more for-bolts ons. idk what it would sound like but i got quotes for 1000 bucks to get them installed. I belevie he also said 25 horsepower gain and more with a good tune.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'd love to get the Stage 3+ Heads and Cams package, but as a full-time student, that's a bit unrealistic....

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'd love to get the Stage 3+ Heads and Cams package, but as a full-time student, that's a bit unrealistic....
Oh man you have no idea :yes

Labor is going to be killer though because of how these motors are set-up they need to be pulled for a cam install

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Yeah unless you're really going all out racecar, you should just stick with stage 2+, unless you win the lottery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts