Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, sorry if this may not be the correct place for this thread but really it does only apply to V6 Mustang and there is some Tech in there

Anyway some may not know about this event
basically its JUST V6 mustangs Racing in the 1/4 LEGALLY at a drag strip
there will be VERY fast, record V6 mustangs there such as
Super Six Motor Sports NEW Carb style motor all motor with nitrous running

the 9.8second Turbo Six cylinder will be there with a new setup and faster
660rwhp hoping for 700rwhp V6 will be there with his setup, huge single turbo
twin turbo V6 also hoping for 700rwhp will be there
a bunch of nitrous, s/c and other turbo'd and all motor guys will be there
i myself will be going!

Our fastest V6 mustang will be there and runing! more info:

2008 Southern V6 Challenge

Saturday March 29nd 2008 at Alabama International Dragway.

RACE SCHEDULE
The track will open at 8:30 AM and we have it until 4:00 PM.
The price to race will be the same as last year: $50.00 per class.
We encourage you to sign up ASAP so we can guage attendance.
Hotel group rates for this event are available at the Days Inn in Attalla, Alabama.

for more infomation feel free to post here

i will be there and video taping as well as running with hopefully my 8.8 rear and 8.7psi slightly tuned

SAFETY equipment will be required!

feel free to ask here

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
i went in 06, but i wont be there this time

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
that track isn't too far from me.. i was just ther a couple months ago.. i might drive out there just to watch.. it's not everyday that i get to see a v6 mustang running 9's :rockon

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you goin?
im working as hard as possible to go
i will not go unless i have some what of a tune as well as my 8.8 BUILT i wont go with a stock 8.8 in fear i will break it
im only gonna go if i can go all out. i dont wana worry about breaking anything, its a damm far drive for me. probably 1kmiles

well if i get my shiz built/broke in i might go
;)im working on it.
im hoping you'll have it in march
alll just waiting on parts

·
Registered
162 Posts
its a couple hours out for me, i would hide my car waay out in the back parking lot tho lol!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a question, say I was to suck up the 1500miles each way and go, would cops in the states be able to fine me for my HIDs and no cats? or would they not be able to because my car is registered in another country?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
I have a question, say I was to suck up the 1500miles each way and go, would cops in the states be able to fine me for my HIDs and no cats? or would they not be able to because my car is registered in another country?
they wont give you ****. there are a tone of ricers around me with HID's. and my freind has a v8 jeep with a cut out befor his cat. that being said you will be fine.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
they cant give you any state violations like exhaust or HIDs but they can give you speeding and such

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah lol if you drive anything like me, worry about speeding tickets, or reckless driving. my buddy lost his 03 v6 for doin 140 in a 55.

but yeah what they said. hids no cats. youll be aight.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Does a 3.8 cougar count?

:)

<--- points at numbers
yes. any ford v6 motor. its the Southern Ford v6 challenge. cougars use to be in it all the time.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its a couple hours out for me, i would hide my car waay out in the back parking lot tho lol!
no need to hide it
dude we had guys start the race from the water box supposedly in 07
so there is DEFFINITLY nothing to be embarrassed about :D

we all start stock remember;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts