Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must of got my rewire wrong and need some help I have a 2000 v6 3.8
and have just put on a new set of factory wires ,, great fun it started to rain I was using a flashlite nightmare any how .. from the coil pack starting from the top plugin closest to the front what is the wire layout to the plugs. Thanks for your help in advance. Second is a lube needed on wire ends and how important are the wire seperators some because of age broke.

·
Registered
185 Posts
First all, go to the auto parts store and pick up a repair manual. It will be the best $20 you ever spend. Especially since you seem to like to work on your car yourself. Trust me, the shop manual is critical for the DIY mechanic.

Second, yes you should use the silicon lube on your plug wires. It will work w/o it, but the reason you use it is so that you don't break your wires the next time you pull them off. I also think that it helps to make a better contact between wire and plug.

Third, next time you change your wires only do one at a time. That way you will never screw up the order of plugs. But if you just get the repair manual it will tell you the firing order of the coil-pack.

Forth, what do you mean by spacers? The little clips that hold the spark wires? If so, NO you don't need it at all. They are just there to keep the wires neat and out of the way of things. If anything the most important ones are the ones that help to keep the wires from touching the engine block and top of engine so they don't melt. But the others just make the wires look nice and neat.

Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah yes a mere mention ot a repair manual has sent me to autozone. Yes I do most of my repair work and it is also trail and error. I grew up in western Pa drag racing all GM. But I now sell Ford products in the raleigh area of NC. Thanks for your help and guidance It all worked out in the morning what happened was I did not reconnect the brake booster line. Talk about a bad vacume leek. All is good now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
would you know how to wire an omni pak ignition to my v6 coil with no distributor. it has a pos wire neg wire ignition wire and a signal wire..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't forget to cross the bottom wires (6and5) I just recently ran into the same prob when I put on the screamin demon coil pack and msd wires

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
what is the numerical order of the plugs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts