Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah I know there's 100 threads on this but just a few questions. I've got a 2010 v6 mustang with stock exhaust and I'd like to convert to dual exhaust.

I've heard a lot about people getting the GT take-offs, do they sound good? I've never managed to find one in person to hear, and if I do get the take-offs aside from a new rear valence what else would I need? I'm assuming just a set of midpipes and a new h or x-pipe or something like that?

Also if not the GT take-offs what would you guys want to put on that doesn't sound ricey? I was looking at the magnaflow catback system's but I'm just not sure that I want to spend the 700$ if I can get it so much cheaper, but I'd still rather do it right and get it how I like it the first time.

P.S. first time posting so please don't flame :)

So when I first got my car I wanted the side stripe so desperately, well I've kind of changed my mind on that and would like to take it off. I've seen on the other years its a sticker and with a heat gun you're fine but with the 2010 I don't know if it's possible.

I've asked a few friends and they say the stripes themselves are decals but the word "MUSTANG" is not and It'd look pretty stupid to just have that there. So is there a way of removal or do I have to take it to get it painted?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Bought mine from Newtakeoff.com but they no longer see the kit for the 2010, only 05-09 v6 (shorter mufflers = funny looking on the 10) but check out americanmuscle.com for the pypes dual kit for the 2010 v6. $474 includes shipping.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the pypes dual and it sounds great (not ricey at all) on the left side with no exhaust hangers you will need to thread the holes on the 2010 i had to, it was just a minor inconvenience, yet well worth it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've heard pypes true dual sound great but they tend to have some installation issues so I'm not to keen on those.

I saw
on a website for around $700. Me and my friends could probably install it myself but I've never heard of the issue without exhaust hangers, would that be something I need to order?

·
Registered
55 Posts
no you jst need to tap threads into the holes it not too hard jst not a whole lot of space, it comes with the hangers

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Sean, but I'd still rather stay away from Pypes due to the installation issues I've heard about. I know they sound great but I still just don't want to go through installation issues in the chance that I decide to do it myself.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Bump for side stripe knowledge!
I removed mine and can tell you its 100% sticker, removes easily with a heat gun! may need to wash your car with Dawn detergent to strip the wax off the surrounding area or use goof off to remove any sticky residue, then wax again.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks you so much Lone Star, I've been trying to find that information forever, I've been told by 100 different people the word "Mustang" is paint but I just didn't believe it after seeing as all the other years it wasn't.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks you so much Lone Star, I've been trying to find that information forever, I've been told by 100 different people the word "Mustang" is paint but I just didn't believe it after seeing as all the other years it wasn't.
No problem! and surprisingly enough the word mustang is attached to the rest of the sticker. Which is nice, so you dont have the hastle of twice the work.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it really? I had no clue, I'll try to take it off at some point this week and put on some pictures if I can.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Here's mine (still have the winter wheels/tires on)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks man! Yeah I've had the car for 1 1/2 years and wanted to take the stripes off from day one. Looks much nicer without it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took the side stripe off today, looks great! Couldn't be happier with the results. Now to move onto a cheap dual exhaust that sounds nice and not ricey, hopefully for under $400 dollars. A man can dream right?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Dude just get the kit from AM! Too bad new take off doesn't sell the kit for 2010's (mine is from NTO!) Pypes makes the entire kit except for the GT mufflers, I had no issues with the install.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The pypes kit? I've seen that it comes with mufflers too, I've just heard g-d awful things about Pypes I'd really rather not use them, and I've been looking for GT takeoff mufflers and I cannot find them off any site + I really have no idea how they sound, been looking on youtube and couldn't find our year with the two gt takeoffs.

I could probably install whatever I buy by myself or with a friend or two but I'd rather spend the least amount of money I can so I can use the rest if necessary to go to a shop for installation.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The pypes kit? I've seen that it comes with mufflers too, I've just heard g-d awful things about Pypes I'd really rather not use them, and I've been looking for GT takeoff mufflers and I cannot find them off any site + I really have no idea how they sound, been looking on youtube and couldn't find our year with the two gt takeoffs. I could probably install whatever I buy by myself or with a friend or two but I'd rather spend the least amount of money I can so I can use the rest if necessary to go to a shop for installation.
Here ya go!

·
Registered
597 Posts
New Take-Off - Exhaust Systems

Even though they don't sell the kit for the '10 I understand they will sell the rest of the kit which is identical, at a slightly reduced price, then all you need to find are 2010 GT mufflers (2005-2009 GT mufflers are too short for our cars and will look funny)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts