Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2004 v6 mustang I have dual flowmaster exhaust. However, it is still lacking in how it sounds. Below 2000 rpm it sounds fine, quiet but fine, once you reach 2500 rpm's or higher it looses that good rumble. Is there anything you can recommend I do to improve how my v6 sounds? As a side note I am considering removing my catallitic converters and running straight pipes into the flowmaster mufflers, any thoughts on this idea?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I would say cam it, intake, and new heads. Im sure someone else will have a different, less expensive idea, but with the cams, intake, and heads, you will see a deeper sound and better performance.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
cams, intake heads and many more! :lol

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My new set-up wont have cats, but some will argue that having high slowing cats will give it a better sound.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thank you. How do you think it would sound if i removed the cats and had straight pipes into flows and, would I have to do anything to the computer?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
you'll have to get mil eliminators at least

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
A stock v6 has a y-pipe at the end of the catalytic(sp?) converters.

An x pipe usually, from my experience, eliminates the cats and has a X crossover creating a true dual set up.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
you can get catted x pipes...

if you need to pass inspection...

otherwise, don't bother

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
is that yours jdans? or have you not done it yet?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
sweet yeah i started out on jackstands. then once i got it travelable (yes i just made that word up)
i went to my brother in laws dads shop with a lift and wire welder and welded that bitch up!
we only has stick :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had the same problem with my flows. I took it to a muffler shop they cut two cats off, not all 4 and it sounds awesome!!! And with just two cats off no MIL's are needed!!! I have true duals no cross over, I like the sound!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts