Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I have been searching around this website, and around various vendor websites, and I can't seem to find anyone that makes an aftermarket Intake Manifold for my '00 3.8 V6. Does anyone know who does? Does anyone even make it?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
uhh windstar upper and lower, talk to chris about it
or SSMS

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
idk if anybody sells them or where u could get one, im assuming u dont want a junker...but i know itschristorres8 is supposed to be able to port them for like 100 bucks or something if u send it out to him...again ull have to talk to him about it he has a link in his profile about it sorry i wasnt much help

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback everyone! It looks like I am getting my intake manifold ported & polished.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
there is no after market one. you can p&P the stock one. do a 96-098 windstar upper swap, or an f150 swap, a 01= winstar upper lower swap, a cut and weld upper and egr removed lower. or the SSMS sheat metal upper.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
there is no after market one. you can p&P the stock one. do a 96-098 windstar upper swap, or an f150 swap, a 01= winstar upper lower swap, a cut and weld upper and egr removed lower. or the SSMS sheat metal upper.
Contradiction much?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
from what i read you only need the windstar upper and not the lower

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
from what i read you only need the windstar upper and not the lower
on the 96-98 you only need the upper
on the 99 and up you need both the upper and the lower.
and i sau 01+ because they have a Slight redesigned that makes them flow better then the 99 and 00

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
on the 96-98 you only need the upper
on the 99 and up you need both the upper and the lower.
and i sau 01+ because they have a Slight redesigned that makes them flow better then the 99 and 00
well keep in mind that the windstar intake comes from the 96-98 windstar so you need to be clear on what you say here

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
well keep in mind that the windstar intake comes from the 96-98 windstar so you need to be clear on what you say here
no there is the 96-98 windstar upper swap wich is the comen one. then you can also use the 99+ windstar intakes, which flow better then the 96-98, but you need the upper and lower. and like i said the 01+ have a redesing that makes them flow even better then the 99 and 00

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
does the 99+ require an EGR delete?
dk. as far as i know only 2 people have ever done the swap.
and I’m sure if you wanted to you could get it to work, with some fabing.

also fyi there you don't need to delete the egr on the 96-
98. a lot of people do because it is easier, and makes it look better but there are people who are still running the egr.
also with the 96-98 it can be made to fit under the stock hood, however, there is no way to get the 01+ to fit under a stock hood, from what I know it needs 3+ in.

also on the note of the EGR you can still pass emissions with out it as long as you have a tune that properly removes the code for it.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Thats great that you can do that swap and keep the EGR. I always see EGR delete before you swap tho in the instructions, which is why i asked about the 99+. My tuner allows me to remove codes from obd2.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Thats great that you can do that swap and keep the EGR. I always see EGR delete before you swap tho in the instructions, which is why i asked about the 99+. My tuner allows me to remove codes from obd2.
I think you have to bent the pipe some, but nothing to hard, but I also heard about a guy who just took the hole system including the pipe off of the windstar and it bolted right up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts