Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anything bad going to happen with my car just sitting without the lower and upper Intake? And the fuel rail of as well?
thanks you guys

Chill out, its the internet bro!

·
2013 5.0
2,982 Posts
Is anything bad going to happen with my car just sitting without the lower and upper Intake? And the fuel rail of as well?
thanks you guys

Should stuff rags in the runners to prevent dust from dropping into them. Limit as much dust and debris getting in there as possible.

Saran wrap might help too.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your quite welcome Jimmy, I was glad to do it. Thanks for the compliments, it was alot of hard work.
Yeah I got a trash bag over the runners and the hood down and a tarp over the whole car but I didn't know if it is enough

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I got a trash bag over the runners and the hood down and a tarp over the whole car but I didn't know if it is enough

Wtf? How did I quote this?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
if your talking about the chill out, its the internet bro, i was wondering the same thing.
It's set as his "mobile signature" so it's automatically put into the post body rather than his actual signature. So when you quote someone with a mobile signature, it gets pulled into the quote.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
cristian take that **** off your mobile -_-

And keep **** out of the holes, and there is a good chance you'll get some moisture build up that might go all the way into the oil but YOLO
/

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cristian take that **** off your mobile -_-

And keep **** out of the holes, and there is a good chance you'll get some moisture build up that might go all the way into the oil but YOLO
What if I do an oil drain before starting the car back up though?

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
either way its gonna get moisture built up and when u put in new oil it'll just have the water in there.

No biggie as long as its not a lot of water ... and im really doubting condensation is that bad, even in GA lol

Water is heavier then oil. So after you stir it all up, it will end up sinking to the bottom of the oil pan anyways, so if it was a big deal you could drain it out like that. Or just change the oil entirely when your ready.

I wouldn't be worried tho

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
either way its gonna get moisture built up and when u put in new oil it'll just have the water in there.

No biggie as long as its not a lot of water ... and im really doubting condensation is that bad, even in GA lol

Water is heavier then oil. So after you stir it all up, it will end up sinking to the bottom of the oil pan anyways, so if it was a big deal you could drain it out like that. Or just change the oil entirely when your ready.

I wouldn't be worried tho
Alright thanks for that info mike

·
Registered
658 Posts
you could spray some foggin oil over everything. i wouldnt worry at all. while i was building my engine it was on a stand for long time. with the rags just dont use small ones. i used old bath towels.
just do an oil change after you start it up the first time and then you will be fine.

look at this way...some engines sit in scrap yards for years and they are fine after a little elbow grease and tlc.

·
Registered
557 Posts
my engine has been apart since august. I just have rags stuffed all over, and drained my oil a while back, everything looks just fine.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Mines been sittin since october like it is in my avatar..i just throw a big sheet of plastic over it.. And keep wiping it down w oil rags now and then..

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mines been sittin since october like it is in my avatar..i just throw a big sheet of plastic over it.. And keep wiping it down w oil rags now and then..
Nice !
I guess i'm not too worried than

1 - 16 of 16 Posts