Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 v6 mustang i saved up for and bought myself. im looking for any one in north new jersey that has wheels or oem gt parts that they are looking to sell for cheap.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Join nj strangers on Facebook. People sell a lot of stuff on there

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Formerly whyxitx
12,083 Posts
Craigslist is your friend. I found longtubes for my V6 for 20$ when i was modding that.

If you ever plan on upgrading to a GT, I wouldn't go crazy into the mods. I spent 2500ish on my car before i sold it, and i wish i still had that money to put into my cobra!

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
First things first, I'd have a very good idea of what you want the car to do, because you're on a very tight budget and really can't afford to put money somewhere it's not directly helping you towards your goal.

For instance, if you want quicker acceleration, at this point you'd be better off skipping the wheels and going straight to gears.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rear gears would be pretty nice. im also pretty close with the BMDC drift crew so i was thinking about putting in an LSD but the problem with that is that as my car is a dealer car through my dad there is still a warrentee on it so i cant do anything crazy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know the guys have been saying craigslist and ebay but you can also find some parts in the classifieds section here. I got my headers from here after the shorties I ordered got mixed up with some GT long tubes (for some reason the box had shorty V6 and Long Tube V8 directly next to each other on the box). Also sometimes these guys have some wrecked sixxers with mods come in and you can get the parts from them for a decent price.
Cars Parting Out

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
rear gears would be pretty nice. im also pretty close with the BMDC drift crew so i was thinking about putting in an LSD but the problem with that is that as my car is a dealer car through my dad there is still a warrentee on it so i cant do anything crazy.
Yeah, fox-chassis Mustangs do not make good drift cars without a couple fairly serious modifications. Along with the limited slip, you need to get the rear end better located and find a way to get a lot more steering angle. Honestly it'd cost you less to just pick up an S13 missle and get the diff welded if you want to go play dori-dori.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Yeah, fox-chassis Mustangs do not make good drift cars without a couple fairly serious modifications. Along with the limited slip, you need to get the rear end better located and find a way to get a lot more steering angle. Honestly it'd cost you less to just pick up an S13 missle and get the diff welded if you want to go play dori-dori.
Agreed with this guy. Idk about where you are but around me I can grab an s13 for $1500 all day. Weld the diff ad enjoy

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts