Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
CAI, UDPs, divorced duals, T-LOK, 4.10 (if auto tranny), 3.73 (if manual), tuner...

...the SOP.

·
Registered
990 Posts
or, just be unique. get a 7.3 diesel and swap that in. no one will think of doing that!

·
Registered
27 Posts
If your goin for looks, definitely get some rims and get rid of the sixxer rims. get some black bullits, they would look real clean on that car. If you want go, unless you got deep pockets, better get 2 more cylinders lol..jk but you could always get a dual exhaust set up and get an intake, tuner package or something to give it a little more get up and go. idk

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
do you want looks or go?
Or maybe handling? Sixxers are lighter and have better weight balance than a V8 car, so you've got a distinct advantage if you want to build a corner carver. Bonus, you don't have to try and find V6 specific parts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
^+1 definitely could get an advantage with suspension work. You do the right work, and you could definitely take a GT in the twistys

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
as far as adding two cylinders that aint really helping the guy. and v6s have a lot of potential and are great cars to start with. it all depends, do you want to go faster, do you want cornering, do you want a drag car, do you want looks answer some of these and people will give you some good input. and i like the red. it is like the mach one red nice color and a nice car to start with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as far as adding two cylinders that aint really helping the guy. and v6s have a lot of potential and are great cars to start with. it all depends, do you want to go faster, do you want cornering, do you want a drag car, do you want looks answer some of these and people will give you some good input. and i like the red. it is like the mach one red nice color and a nice car to start with.
thanks, and i want it to look nice, i dont really car about dragging it at all, and i kind of like the mach one wheels, they look pretty sick.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Or maybe handling? Sixxers are lighter and have better weight balance than a V8 car, so you've got a distinct advantage if you want to build a corner carver. Bonus, you don't have to try and find V6 specific parts.
Interesting fact. I had mine actually weighed and it was heavier in the front by like 200-300lbs if I remember right. Then again my gas tank was almost empty. A friend has a heavily modified GT with damn near perfect weight distrobution.

·
Registered
18 Posts
first buy a shop manual second change air filter to K&N, new plug wires clean your intake body local ford dealer B&G induction clean out. Add new plugs add cat back duals buy bullitt wheels on craigs list check rear end fluid change if near milage rec. in manual. make sure if automatic fluid and filter are clean change if hi milage same if manual. Do B&G service if needed flush out worn brake fluid at service center next drain and flush radiator next do service on power steering unit any time you put fluids in your car do not cut corners it does not pay a in the long run .. Now your car is ready and will not let you down because you have shown it some love .. rear gears 3.73 manual 4.10 automatic manual change shifter to short throw.

·
Registered
806 Posts
best idea for v6 is to save fore boost if you want power. These motors are essentially a GN motor with advantages. A 4 bolt main is already in the works and IF it solves some of the crank walk issues and some other things you will see some crazy numbers.

bolt-ons

-cai
-UDP
-Roller rockers
-Gear/T-lock
-exhaust
-Windstar intake

etc.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
first buy a shop manual second change air filter to K&N, new plug wires clean your intake body local ford dealer B&G induction clean out. Add new plugs add cat back duals buy bullitt wheels on craigs list check rear end fluid change if near milage rec. in manual. make sure if automatic fluid and filter are clean change if hi milage same if manual. Do B&G service if needed flush out worn brake fluid at service center next drain and flush radiator next do service on power steering unit any time you put fluids in your car do not cut corners it does not pay a in the long run .. Now your car is ready and will not let you down because you have shown it some love .. rear gears 3.73 manual 4.10 automatic manual change shifter to short throw.
:rolleyes:lol ok thanks daddy, what else should we do since your telling him how you want his car

·
Registered
978 Posts
slap a jet engine in that thing!! ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts