Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a y pipe with borla mufflers. if i cut the y off and run true duals, would i get a louder sound and better tone? right now it sounds stock until i really rev it up, maybe its really resticted?
i called a few shops and some say yeah and some say no.
what should i do?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
ya if you ditch the y for an h or x pipe and get a decent catback itll sound alot better. but unfortunately youll never get rid of the v6 sound

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
here's my car with a 207/215 cam (baby cam) on a stock exhaust and with a bad throwout bearing.
and here's my car with the same cam only difference is it has a new clutch.
You tell me. I think it still sounds like a v6. but that's b/c it's an even fire engine unlike our v8 brethren.
Only way to make it sound like it isn't a v6 is to either add or subtract cylinders.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I did it in my driveway. You just need the cam and some gaskets, so however much that costs. If you're really interested, hit up one of the vendors on the site that sells cams and see if you can get a quote.

·
Registered
32 Posts
having tru duals you would be fine actually eases flow through the pipes, the sound is very burly and deep if you get headers and an x-pipe gives it a nice tone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts