67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty sure you can do this but was wondering if anyone tranfered v6
rockers the texted ones to a gt? Did you need any extra clips did they
break pulling them off? Thanks

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You will more than likely break a bunch of the clips when pulling the old ones off..

Just an fyi, i broke a lot of them

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Usually a few will break so just pick up some extra ones from the dealer but the side skirts fit exactly the same.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I broke almost all of my clips taking them off. They are like 20ish dollars to replace all of them at the stealership. And if you are thinking of the V6 rocker stripes, those aren't actually on the side skirts. They are a decal on the side of the fender, door, and quarter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
MM5522 are you talking about the door sill plates that say Mustang on them in aluminum? If so....you can easily remove them by just firmly pulling up on the carpet side of them and you will NOT LIKELY ruin any clips doing so. There are only 4 clips holding them on. I just put 2011 lit sill plates on my car tonight and wired em into the MY COLOR so they match the floor ambient light and all the floor lighting now come on when the door opens also. I have two sets of the stock V6 Mustang plates if you need a set. I put the lit sill plates in my bros 2009 also.

·
Registered
123 Posts
True True but there are no clips on a sticker, so I was thinking, perhaps, the sill (rocker) plates. On the V6 it has Mustang stamped in the aluminum. Maybe he'll let us all know...lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys i meant textured not texted, the lower panels that are black
on the v6 aka rocker skirts thanks for the info did you pry them off or just yank them?

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Sorry guys i meant textured not texted, the lower panels that are black
on the v6 aka rocker skirts thanks for the info did you pry them off or just yank them?
There are like 8 or 10 pins along the underside of each rocker. There are also a few pins in the front wheel well and I believe 1 or 2 in the rear wheel well. But yeah, just pop the pins and pull

·
Registered
262 Posts
do you not like the painted ones on your car now?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
hahaha yup i told you they would break lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts