Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of removing my gt scoop replacing my rear bumper for a v6 bumper and making the car look like a v6 from the body even tho my car has bigs and littles and loud ass dumps i jsut wanna make it look slow haha

what u guys think? if i remove my scoop will it look like a v6 hood ?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I've always seen people stick GT badges to their V6's, never the other way around... lol I think it would be more money than it's worth but whatever you decide on doing man, it's your car.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
If I were going for a sleeper look I personally would just debadge the whole car.

:2cents

·
Registered
314 Posts
debadge and then dump the exaust for a no exaust look. That will through off a few idiot ricers. Ha they wont see it coming

·
Registered
634 Posts
:lmaoHere is a thought buy a V6 and drop the 4.6 in there and just dump the ehaust?? lmao and put VTECH on the side and you will have all the ricers fooled!:lmao

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Haha... Yea..just debadge it...and if you can pick up a v6 bumper for cheap do that so you don't have empty exhaust slots in the back... I got my gf n her lil sis taught that if it h dual exhaust its a v8...hahaha and the newer ones if they have the big fog's they're v8... Unless they do what your doing...poor girls are gonna be confused now...lmao

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
There are a few v6's around here with JUST GT trunklids/spoilers and GT back bumper....I have no idea why lol

·
Registered
699 Posts
Everyone always assumes mine is a GT and give me the "ur full of ****" look when I tell them its only a V6. I have the stock V6 badges so most people will still think yours is a GT. To do it right, take off the scoop and fill in the holes, remove the badges, and swap the rear bumper. Most people would associate the sound with a GT or V6, not whether it has dual or not...just a thought.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
OP...yours is an '04 correct? It should have the 40th anniversary badges on the front fenders...same as the '04 sixxers...so really badge wise all you have is the trunk :)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I always wanted a sleeper but that went out the window when I put the 315 tires on the rear (and the cam I guess too).

The best sleeper might be a stock appearing Mustang GT with stock mufflers with a turbo.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
the sound is going to give it away anyways.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts

15x4 centerline telstars with upr tubular kmember, 90/10 struts with coilovers
15x10 telstars, eibach drag springs, strange 10-way adjustables 325/50/r15 Mickey Thompson drag radials
Does this look like a sleeper :no

1 - 15 of 15 Posts