Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the car is my 2001 v6. all i have under the hood is the CAI at this point.

I bought a set of header to muffler custom fabbed pipes (no cats) sorry i dont have a picture of them at the moment. I got my car smogged today so im not worried about not having the cats till next needed smog. These pipes have the holes on each pipe for the 02 sensor. My question is, will i need the MIL eliminators? Am i going to have my check engine light coming on?

I also bought a set of pipes off ebay. they were under $100 shipped, and i will be taking these magnaflows off and putting my thrush's on.

These are them.

So my plan is to do this all myself. The pipes from the header to the mufflers, and back out to the tips. Am i going to need anything? Aside from hardware. Will i need gaskets? A new hanger set? MILS?

All help is appreciated, as I installing this system this weekend... I'll have a video clip for you guys too. :D

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
If you don't buy a tuner or a chip you will need MILS to keep your engine light off.

You shouldn't need any gaskets but be sure that all the hangers are in good shape. Also make sure it doesn't hang too low. If it does, buy new or shorter hangers.

You'll need hand tools, clamps, patience and a good amount of time. Doing and exhaust on the ground is not the easiest thing. Especially when trying to position the pipes. The tail pipes will be the hardest to install since you have to snake them over the rear axle.

Other than that you should be set to go.

If your pipe doesn't come with rear o2 plugs you'll need to swap all your sensors as well.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't buy a tuner or a chip you will need MILS to keep your engine light off.

You shouldn't need any gaskets but be sure that all the hangers are in good shape. Also make sure it doesn't hang too low. If it does, buy new or shorter hangers.

You'll need hand tools, clamps, patience and a good amount of time. Doing and exhaust on the ground is not the easiest thing. Especially when trying to position the pipes. The tail pipes will be the hardest to install since you have to snake them over the rear axle.

Other than that you should be set to go.

If your pipe doesn't come with rear o2 plugs you'll need to swap all your sensors as well.

Thank you sir! lol i was beginning to think no one was going to give me an answer!

as far as doing it all on the ground... i know what im in for... its not going to be fun, but hell, I'd rather save the money!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts