so i gotta get it swapped

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you can find a new edge cobra or even an sn95 cobra for rather cheap these days

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
you gotta be thrifty and check the yards, CL, and Ebay. Complete cobra engines are'nt cheap. I would say you would be lucky to get the swap done for 10K which is why I say buy the Termie

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
There's really not that much to it. Just drop your whole front suspension; install Cobra front K-member, engine, and transmission; drop in a GT or Mach 1 8.8" rearend; throw in a Cobra Fuel tank and pumps; Use Cobra, Mach 1, or modified GT computer and wiring to make it all work. Drive with confidence.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
check out copart.com

i was looking on there yesterday and you can find a wrecked 03-04 cobra or mach1 for dirt cheap. i'm thinking about registering on there and searching for a deal. i'm going to find running gear out of a mach 1 or 96-98 cobra and put it in a 67 fastback eventually. as soon as my GT is back on the road i'm gonna look for a 65-67 shell to start the transformation and do an 8.8 rearend, front k-member, 4v aluminum motor, forged internals, and maybe a little 76mm turbo for my next project

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
what do you mean? if he puts cobra running gear in a v6 car how is that rice? as long as he doesn't put cobra badges on it i don't see how thats rice

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
yeah i think it costs 300 to register. pretty cheap if you can pick up a wrecked one for 1500 bucks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.